This discussion is archived
4 Replies Latest reply: Mar 20, 2010 11:17 AM by 843833 RSS

How to create search index files for Java Pet Store

843833 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi All,

As you may know, the java pet store application uses for the search function a search index object, which itself uses the following files '_36.cfs', 'deletable', 'segments'.
Now as I want to change the data of the database (delete some pets, and names, etc.), it does not have an effect on the search results. This is because the application uses the search index files and does not use the database for the search query.

So can anybody help me and tell me how I can create this three files from my *.sql file, so I can search in my own data?
Thank you very much for your help.

Regards,
Wolfgang
  • 1. Re: How to create search index files for Java Pet Store
    419219 Newbie
    2 year old thread. I need answer on the same question
  • 2. Re: How to create search index files for Java Pet Store
    843833 Newbie
    Solved:

I had the same problem. It seems that the installer does not unzip three files where it should.

With NetBeans (Using File Perspective) or just editing build.xml
    Netbeans: select build.xml/Run Target/Other Targets/unzipindexes: Tough it should work it fails in resolving $javaee.domaindir$ at least in my system, but it does suscessfully create a new directory named ${jee.domaindir} that includes lib/petstore/searchindex and three files: _36.cfs , deletable, segments.

Copy those three files to your_glasshfish_path/domains/domain1/petstore/searchindex.

Now you are done. I hope that you had a nice time while waiting two years for it to be answered. How is it that it is not answered anywhere else?

Regards,
    Ramon Talavera
    www.sciencetechworks.com
  • 3. Re: How to create search index files for Java Pet Store
    419219 Newbie
    gonso777 wrote:
    Solved:

I had the same problem. It seems that the installer does not unzip three files where it should.

With NetBeans (Using File Perspective) or just editing build.xml
    Netbeans: select build.xml/Run Target/Other Targets/unzipindexes: Tough it should work it fails in resolving $javaee.domaindir$ at least in my system, but it does suscessfully create a new directory named ${jee.domaindir} that includes lib/petstore/searchindex and three files: _36.cfs , deletable, segments.

Copy those three files to your_glasshfish_path/domains/domain1/petstore/searchindex.

Now you are done. I hope that you had a nice time while waiting two years for it to be answered. How is it that it is not answered anywhere else?

Regards,
    Ramon Talavera
    www.sciencetechworks.com
    Thanks. I didn't wait 2 years for this, but I just replied on a 2 year old post. I only recently tried the petstore app. I thought I needed to study lucene first to figure things out, it turns out there was an 'internal target' on the build file for this. Thanks a bunch!
  • 4. Re: How to create search index files for Java Pet Store
    843833 Newbie
    The documentation for the Pet-Store says one can setup, deploy and run the application with ANT:
    (assuming all is configured correctly)
    1. open a command window
    2. change to the directory <app server root>/blueprints/petstore
    3. type:
    ant setup
    ant run

The command
    ant setup
    also runs the target unzipIndexes

Regards.