1 Reply Latest reply: Feb 15, 2008 7:22 PM by 843833 RSS

IdentityWebservice: am-configurator throws null pointer

Hi everyone,

I've tried the "Applying Web-Service Security to EJB Applications" tutorial. It was a bad experience :-(

I took the SDK with tools from the download site as instructed. The first start delivered the following
      error log:

asadmin> start-domain domain1
      Starting Domain domain1, please wait.
      Log redirected to /usr/local/SUNWappserver/domains/domain1/logs/server.log.
      java.lang.NullPointerException
      at java.util.regex.Matcher.appendReplacement(Matcher.java:699)
      at java.util.regex.Matcher.replaceAll(Matcher.java:813)
      at java.lang.String.replaceAll(String.java:2190)
      at com.sun.am.AMConfigurator.replace(AMConfigurator.java:1574)
      at com.sun.am.AMConfigurator.updateAMConfig(AMConfigurator.java:569)
      at com.sun.am.AMConfigurator.main(AMConfigurator.java:399)
      at com.sun.am.AMConfigurator.configure(AMConfigurator.java:1879)
      at com.sun.enterprise.addons.AddonConfigurationController.invokeApi(AddonConfigurationController.java:270)
      at com.sun.enterprise.addons.AddonConfigurationController.configure(AddonConfigurationController.java:169)
      at com.sun.enterprise.addons.AddonConfigurationController.configureDAS(AddonConfigurationController.java:136)
      at com.sun.enterprise.addons.AddonFacade.configureDAS(AddonFacade.java:110)
      at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
      at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
      at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
      at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
      at com.sun.enterprise.cli.commands.AddonControl.configureDAS(AddonControl.java:100)
      at com.sun.enterprise.cli.commands.StartDomainCommand.configureAddons(StartDomainCommand.java:486)
      at com.sun.enterprise.cli.commands.StartDomainCommand.init(StartDomainCommand.java:455)
      at com.sun.enterprise.cli.commands.StartDomainCommand.startDomain(StartDomainCommand.java:123)
      at com.sun.enterprise.cli.commands.StartDomainCommand.runCommand(StartDomainCommand.java:215)
      at com.sun.enterprise.cli.commands.MultiProcessCommand.processLine(MultiProcessCommand.java:333)
      at com.sun.enterprise.cli.commands.MultiProcessCommand.runCommand(MultiProcessCommand.java:119)
      at com.sun.enterprise.cli.framework.CLIMain.invokeCommand(CLIMain.java:171)
      at com.sun.enterprise.cli.framework.CLIMain.main(CLIMain.java:79)
      The operation CONFIGURE of addon am-configurator completed with an error. Error message : (java.lang.NullPointerException)
      Redirecting output to /usr/local/SUNWappserver/domains/domain1/logs/server.log
      Domain domain1 is ready to receive client requests. Additional services are being started in background.
      Domain [domain1] is running [Sun Java System Application Server 9.1_01 (build b09d-fcs)] with its configuration and logs at: [usr/local/SUNWappserver/domains].
      Admin Console is available at [http://localhost:4848].
      Use the same port [4848] for "asadmin" commands.
      User web applications are available at these URLs:
      [http://localhost:8080 https://localhost:8181 ].
      Following web-contexts are available:
      [web1  /__wstx-services amserver ].
      Standard JMX Clients (like JConsole) can connect to JMXServiceURL:
      [service:jmx:rmi:///jndi/rmi://linux-i7dx:8686/jmxrmi] for domain management purposes.
      Domain listens on at least following ports for connections:
      [8080 8181 4848 3700 3820 3920 8686 ].
      Domain does not support application server clusters and other standalone instances.

asadmin>

The message security configuration doesn't contain the HTTPServlet entry. The SOAP
      entry doesn't contain all the expected providers. I'm missing especially the AMClientProvider
      and the AMServerProvider.

I've tried to reinstall the bundle but without success. I'm using a Novell/Suse OpenSUSE 10.2
      Linux Box.

I would be glad if you could provide some hints and checks how to proceed to a running
      example.

Thanks a lot for your hel
      Joerg