5 Replies Latest reply: Aug 25, 2004 4:13 PM by 843853 RSS

Make java game into networked game

I have created a 1 player game in java which has 11 classes, to play the game you launch a class which extends JFRAME. Any suggestions on how I can make this game into a two player game over a network, have been looking at trying to change the game into an applet but this loks impossible.
        • 1. Re: Make java game into networked game
          cross post
          • 2. Re: Make java game into networked game
            Yes, you can make it into a network game by using either a client/server model or a peer-to-peer model. If it is going to be an applet, make it a signed applet, open up a connection to a server application, then you have a network. Now just send commands to the server and have the server send the commands back out to the clients. (Client/Server is easier to implement and keep all players running off the same data in my opinion compared to Peer-To-Peer.)

DeltaCoder

"Keep on changing."
            • 3. Re: Make java game into networked game
              Just use the socket and Server Socket. One player sets up a server and the others are clients.
              • 4. Re: Make java game into networked game
                i have complete what u say in your post. but it is giving error of reading certificate when i m run our game on different pc over the networked using socket
                plzz tell me how to handle this.
                as my game is chess.
                & also tell me how to make it multiplayer.
                • 5. Re: Make java game into networked game
                  gimbal2
                  Ave_beginz wrote:
                  i have complete what u say in your post. but it is giving error of reading certificate when i m run our game on different pc over the networked using socket
                  plzz tell me how to handle this.
                  as my game is chess.
                  & also tell me how to make it multiplayer.
                  Don't resurrect old threads from the dead, create a new one. And when you do, be sure to provide details about your problems, as what you are saying now is "Yeah I have this code and it doesn't work." Please put effort into making it possible to help you.