1 2 Previous Next 23 Replies Latest reply: Dec 29, 2003 6:23 PM by 807582 Go to original post RSS
      • 15. Re: Running Java Inside My IDE
        If you compile from command line you can do sth like this:
        c:\Michael\Test> YOUR_JAVA_PATH\bin\javac -classpath YOUR_JAVA_PATH\lib\tools.jar *.java

Filip
        • 16. Re: Running Java Inside My IDE
          Okey I'm ready to increase and give the points to both of you. I just have one thing on my mind
          that bothers me.

Which is much better on a Java IDE :

1.) After installation the user needs to specify the javac path for the javac. If the user wants to run
          a file he also needs to specify the path of the file plus the main for it to run.

Like what : intelliJ is doing.

OR

2.) Automatically detect the path of javac. On running the IDE set a temporary file for you to run
          the file that your doing.

Thank You . . .
          • 17. Re: Running Java Inside My IDE
            If I were the user and could choose I'd coose 1. But I would be happy if the IDE had detected the path and just asked for me to accept (or change).

Filip
            • 18. Re: Running Java Inside My IDE
              Here is the site for the screenshot :
              http://www.freewebs.com/cube-j/
              • 19. Re: Running Java Inside My IDE
                Very nice looking. Especially with that gradient toolbar. Is that the Oyoaha LAF?
                BTW I'm currently working on a similar project, that is I'm making an IDE too, but I approach the problem from slightly different side. I'm doing the code-editing/compiling first, and the GUI will be later.

Filip
                • 20. Re: Running Java Inside My IDE
                  I'm using kungstoff look & feel w/c is available at www.incors.org My approach before was a notepad
                  project but then I decided to finish it as an IDE because I've already finish the creating, opening, saving,
                  printing of the file, compiling and just today I've already finish the running process w/c the user needs
                  to specify his classpath and the main-class.

Your also making an IDE its nice to know that were doing the similar thing, is that a project for a company or a project in college or you just felt like doing it like me ?. What will be the name of your IDE ?

Friend : Javatm
                  • 21. Re: Running Java Inside My IDE
                    I'm doing my project just for myself - like you. It doesn't have any official name yet, but I call it Javagen.
                    I've visited the incors.org and downloaded their LAF and I've visited their screenshots section and found a very ineresting link to jclasslib. This library will be very helpful to me because I will implement my own compiler for my IDE, so this is just what I need!
                    So thanks for this link, it was very helpful for me!!! I could even give you some Dukes for it but I can't in this thread... so let me know if you are interested and I start a new thread for this.

Filip
                    • 22. Re: Running Java Inside My IDE
                      I could even give you some Dukes for it
                      It depends on you, thank you for a wonderfull reply . . .

• 23. Re: Running Java Inside My IDE
                        Visit http://forum.java.sun.com/thread.jsp?forum=1&thread=477846

Filip
                        1 2 Previous Next