1 Reply Latest reply: Jan 19, 2007 5:38 AM by 807596 RSS

error unmarshalling return;

Hi Java Gurus,

I'm using JMX to get MBean details. When i'm getting details, i'm getting an exception.

error unmarshalling return; nested exception is: java.io.WriteAbortedException: writing aborted; java.io.NotSerializableException: org.jboss.web.tomcat.tc5.WebAppLoader

error unmarshalling return; nested exception is: java.io.InvalidClassException: org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase; local class incompatible: stream classdesc serialVersionUID = 4483836726626495426, local class serialVersionUID = 2557204849548295472

Why this type of exception is coming? What could be wrong??
      Can anyone please help me?
        • 1. Re: error unmarshalling return;

Operation parameters and returned values, as well as attribute values, must be serializable.
          In addition, these classes must be available on the client side.

From the 1st exception you get it looks as if you're trying to return a WebAppLoader, or if
          you're trying to return an object that has a reference to a WebAppLoader.

The second exception seems to be a different problem: namely it looks as if the
          client and server have different version of the same class (they have different version

The fact that the class which you are trying to deserialize are a ContainerBase and
          a WebAppLoader seems very suspicious - I don't know exactly what a WebAppLoader
          or a ContainerBase are, but from the name it looks as if they most probably shouldn't be
          used as a parameter/attribute within an MBean!

What is this MBean that you're trying to access: is that something you wrote?

-- daniel
          JMX, SNMP, Java, etc...