1 2 3 Previous Next 34 Replies Latest reply: Sep 14, 2007 11:50 AM by 807597 Go to original post RSS
      • 30. Re: Bye bye all - the forum is unusable
        mlk wrote:
        Kaj wrote:
        But the newbies wants to get replies?
        And a small subset of newbies will give replies. A small group of hard core regs will stay, and I think a new group of regs will soon form.
        It happens that I post statistics on this site, and there are actually very few who answer questions, and almost 80% of all questions gets answered by forum regulars.
        I really don't think even if all the regs left the answers would stop flowing. But if Sun keep on its current course we will find out after the next upgrade. :)
        JavaRanch always looks quite lively, as does DevShed.
        Do we have to be friendly there?
        DevShed? No idea.
        JavaRanch you have to be diplomatic I think and insult people by stealth

Edited by: mlk on Sep 14, 2007 Nearly Beer O'Clock!
        Right oh. You have to be a crafty in your response. Here, we can just tell someone that they are the scion of lesbian goat.
        • 31. Re: Bye bye all - the forum is unusable
          mlk
          filestream wrote:
          mlk wrote:
          JavaRanch you have to be diplomatic I think and insult people by stealth
          Right oh. You have to be a crafty in your response. Here, we can just tell someone that they are the scion of lesbian goat.
          Well I was thinking more on the lines of putting on a ninja suit and hitting 'em over the head with a large stick.
          Edited by: mlk on Sep 14, 2007 Nearly Beer O'Clock!
          Edited by: mlk while being held captive as evil suppliers FTP sites fail.
          • 32. Re: Bye bye all - the forum is unusable
            Hmm... I don't want to be friendly but I could consider to stop posting and start being more active at flickr (photography site/forum)
            • 33. Re: Bye bye all - the forum is unusable
              Just think of all the fun you will have when you are finally able to leave work and go out for a nice cold one in Richmond.
              • 34. Re: Bye bye all - the forum is unusable
                but its quite funny that they quit just because the forum became a lil bit slow..
                A little slow? No. Unusably, intolerably, ridiculously slow. And that's not the only reason. It's year after year, upgrade after upgrade, ignoring the serious usability problems that many people complain very vocally about and instead adding a bunch of useless whiz-bang bell-and-whistle features that nobody asked for and nobody needs. It's all around despicable mismanagent, NOT because it became "a little slow."
                1 2 3 Previous Next