This discussion is archived
6 Replies Latest reply: Mar 26, 2009 5:29 AM by 843844 RSS

All Jsps must be compilable Test

843844 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi,

To get to the point very quickly :).. this test (All Jsps must be compilable Test) will fail on all jsps that are statically included into other jsps. (these 'included' jsps dont have import statements etc).

Is there any solution to process these statically included jsps ?

Cheers,
Ryan
  • 1. Re: All Jsps must be compilable Test
    843844 Newbie
    P.S. Running avk 1.4 and the formal test name is :
    com.sun.enterprise.tools.verifier.tests.web.AllJSPsMustBeCompilable
  • 2. Re: All Jsps must be compilable Test
    843844 Newbie
    Can you please elaborate the problem and also your requirement. I did not understand when you say that the test will fail for included jsps. If the included jsps are not syntactically correct, the test should fail.
  • 3. Re: All Jsps must be compilable Test
    843844 Newbie
    Are you saying that AllJSPsMustBeCompilable test is not compiling statically included JSP pages? I would expect the test to compile all the JSP pages that are bundled inside the .war file. If the .war file includes the JSP page that is statically included in some other JSP page, then it would also compile the included JSP page along with the parent JSP page. Is this not happening for you? Can you please explain the problem in detailed?

Thanks,
    Sahoo
  • 4. Re: All Jsps must be compilable Test
    843844 Newbie
    Firstly, apologies to all for not elaborating the problem.

Ok, Sahoo and Mr. Ghosh, you're both absolutely correct.
    The tool compiles the jsps which have static includes perfectly.
    However, the statically linked jsps themselves within the war do NOT compile (and if you think about it, they wont even compile as they are just static code snippets that are pasted, so to say, into the parent jsp, and not complete jsps themselves).
    Do you think that changing the extensions of these files will help?

Thanks again,
    Ryan
  • 5. Re: All Jsps must be compilable Test
    843844 Newbie
    Hi,
    Thanks for providing further information about the problem. I see what you are saying. Looks like a limitation/bug in AVK. Would you mind filing a bug for the same. You can file bugs using http://java.sun.com/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi ? Please use Java Application Verification Kit as the product and verifier as the sub cat. You have to use 1.4 as the version.
    Since the included JSPs are not complete JSPs themselves, is it possible for you to change their extension for the moment? We will have to change AVK to compile only top level JSP pages. The question is how do we know what to exclude from compilation. We will figure that out, if possible.

Thanks again for taking the time to visit our site and asking us questions.
    Sahoo
  • 6. Re: All Jsps must be compilable Test
    843844 Newbie
    Hi Sahoo,

Its been almost 5 years now. Can you tell me if this is fixed in the AVK?
    I know I logged the bug but I just can seem to find it in the sun bug database as the drop down doesnt have a value for 'AVK'

I'm using AVK 5.0 now and my included jsps are still being compiled.

Regards,
    Ryan