2 Replies Latest reply: Jul 12, 2010 7:41 PM by 843851 RSS

MHP Event Firing myself

Hello, everyone.

I got a question when I implementing a application for the MHP based product.
      Is there anyway to generate UserEvent in the code itself?
      I can add the keys and register EventListener, but I can't find how to send UserEvent myself.

I would like to fire a event from the code, just like
      {
      UserEvent ue = new UserEvent(. . . . . );
      ue.fire(this);
      }
      Is there anyway I can do this? I can see only "get***()" methods UserEvent class.
      Maybe I should use another class to reach this.

I would like get an event not only from human's key event, but also from the code(application) itself.
      Please help me.

Thanks in advance,
      elaborate
        • 1. Re: MHP Event Firing myself
          Cant u just try calling the myApplicationObject.userEventReceived(ue). If you could give me some more idea about the application maybe i can hel better.
          • 2. Re: MHP Event Firing myself
            userEventReceived(ue) is just handling the userEvent, but I want to generate userEvent in the code not through remote controller. Therefore, I could make a same remote controller through the code.

For example, if a send a command through network such as "volume up", my application would generate userEvent so that the TV would recognize as remote controller event. This would make a lot easier if I need to make some operations same as remote controller event through network.

Is my information enough to understand? I hope so....