4 Replies Latest reply: Jan 25, 2010 4:54 PM by 843851 RSS

Section Filters

I've been tasked with writing an Xlet that will demonstrate Section Filters.
      I've found code at http://www.interactivetvweb.org/tutorials/mhp/section_filtering

In the example code, I'm getting stuck on:
      // Having set the parameters, we can attach the section
      // filter group to a transport stream. This will
      // automatically start the filters once the group is
      // attached

filterGroup is a SectionFilterGroup, and the attach method takes the parameters of
      a TransportStream, a ResourceClient, and an Object.

I can't find where ourTransportStream is defined, so I'm stuck.

I've also looked to see what methods would return a TransportStream or a ResourceClient, but haven't found anything yet.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.
        • 1. Re: Section Filters

to get instances of a TransportStream's the receiver is tuned to, you can use:

then choose a NetworkInterface and get TS by NetworkInterface.getCurrentTransportStream();

SectionFilterGroup.attach() won't work on a TS to which the receiver is not tuned to.

• 2. Re: Section Filters
            That seems to be working, but I'm still not sure how to get a ResourceClient.
            public void attach(TransportStream stream, ResourceClient client, Object requestData).

Thanks for your help.
            • 3. Re: Section Filters
              ResourceClient client = new ResourceClient() {

public boolean requestRelease(ResourceProxy arg0, Object arg1) {
              throw new UnsupportedOperationException("Not supported yet.");

public void release(ResourceProxy arg0) {

public void notifyRelease(ResourceProxy arg0) {

This worked, I'm not getting exceptions. I guess Resource Management is something I'll have to learn, until then, this works.
              • 4. Re: Section Filters
                Glad it helped. If you dont need / dont want a ResourceClient, I'd suggest you just leave its methods stubbed, rather than throwing an exception. Your platform's middleware seems to ignore them, but I think its an undefined behavior.