This discussion is archived
3 Replies Latest reply: Feb 12, 2009 8:32 AM by 843851 RSS

XT65 random shutdown

843851 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
I'm facing a strange problem with XT65. It shuts down after every couple of hours without showing any error message or even the "^SHUTDOWN" message.

I'm using the Location API to obtain GPS fix every 2 sec., I'm sending some data via HTTP GET every 15 seconds. I have put System.out.println all over my code to trace the problem. I've also put catch blocks to catch Exception and its subclasses. I also print the memory status every 20 seconds and there are no signs of memory leak.

Please help. Has anyone faced such a problem? Any workarounds?
  • 1. Re: XT65 random shutdown
    843851 Newbie
    I have the same problem here in Brazil. The siemens has already been notified and have not had any response as the shutdown happens in some places well off but does so with the TC65, using the same firmware and even hardware. It seems to me to be a problem related to Java XT65.
  • 2. Re: XT65 random shutdown
    843851 Newbie
    Hello:
  • 3. Re: XT65 random shutdown
    843851 Newbie
    Hello:

I have the same problem. I have four XT65 release 1 devices with the same java aplication. They are working fine and suddenly one of them stop without warning or error message. Sometimes one device is working fine 20 minutes, sometimes it works 3 hours and a half. The devices have the same configuration and are connected to the same wires to avoid possible electrical problems. I start the 4 devices at the same time and the behabiour it random. I don´t know how many time they will be working before the suddenly and unexpected shutdown without warning or error message.

Please I you have any information tell me.

Richi.