This discussion is archived
3 Replies Latest reply: Jan 11, 2008 10:00 PM by 843851 RSS

Java Embedded ARM Linux edition

843851 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
I tried "Java Embedded ARM Linux edition" on "Familiar GPE 2.7".

Magically for the 1st time, I was I able to compile a java source using GPE linux on my iPAQ h2200.
Then I manually copy a few more libraries to test up in the device, "tools.jar" and "hsqldb.jar".

I tried to compile and run a simple "JOptionPane.showMessageDialog()" UI object.
I'm able to compile but failed to run it with errors below:
"java.awt.HeadlessException ... <unknown source> ..."
"... <unknown source>"
Was Java Embedded meant to support swing object, or awt?
Since this is an evaluation distribution (which will expired after 90 days), how do I get a full distribution?

Thanks for any help.

By Avatar Ng
  • 1. Re: Java Embedded ARM Linux edition
    843851 Newbie
    Hi Avatar,
    Are you referring to the Embedded SE for Linux ARM evaluation binary? Can you please provide more info what do you mean by "Java Embedded"? If you have a java executable at the command line, you can try running "java -version" to get some info for me.

- Mark
  • 2. Re: Java Embedded ARM Linux edition
    843851 Newbie
    Hi, I`m a student trying to program an atmel at91sam9263 microcontroller. Currently I have a eval linux OS running on the board. How do I get the JRE for linux/ARM embedded on to the board and how would I transfer java files to and run them on the board?

Thanks
    -TL
  • 3. Re: Java Embedded ARM Linux edition
    843851 Newbie
    Yes I'm refering to "Embedded SE for Linux ARM evaluation binary", and I'm testing it on GPE Linux on my iPAQ h2200 device.

I got following when I typed "java -version"

I able to run and compile java in console mode, just that I didn't get my gui working ...

The last finding I have is to run with phoneme arm distribution, crossing my fingers ... wish me luck.

I should update the testing results ib my blog below should it be a fail or success.

Thanks for any help!

by Avatar Ng
    http://avatar21.superihost.com/