This discussion is archived
4 Replies Latest reply: Jul 13, 2004 6:53 AM by chberger RSS

Training for Life Sciences Platform

217816 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi Everyone -
I'm just looking for the final piece of the puzzle here, so please correct me if I've missed the obvious.
I'm a DBA and my company is seriously considering implementing a Life Sciences Platform. Upon investigating what this actually means, I discovered that it is just a combination of various Oracle products pieced together to form whatever setup/environment is needed.
Is there or are there plans to have a Life Sciences training course, where the features that could potentially constitute a LS Platform are explained in more detail and an explaination of how to piece together all these features is laid out like it would be for any other product? I'd like to learn about how these features are actually used in a LS Platform as opposed to having to take 5 or 6 separate courses for each feature and trial/error how they all fit together. Does anyone know of any training available for planning, installing, and managing all the features of a LS Platform? I'm not interested in developing an application that does all the science stuff, just doing the DBA part of it all.
Thanks in advance for any help,
Andy