7 Replies Latest reply: Aug 16, 2004 6:49 AM by Laurent Schneider RSS

Enterprise Manger 10g

asim73
      I have installed Oracle database 10g Enterprise Edition on
      wINDOWS 2003 SERVER STANDARD EDITION. During installation
      it displays a list that shows what software components
      are going to be installed, that list shows enterprise
      manager datbase control /console etc. But when installation completes, there is no option of
      any kind of enterprise manager in the menu.

dURING THE INSTALLATION there was an error saying
      "unable to find IP address", i pressed the CONTINUE button
      which was meant for assuming the default value, then it completed without any errors successfuly,

Is this a bug? Can anyone tell me how to install a
      tool in 10g to manage databases

Thanks
        • 1. Re: Enterprise Manger 10g
          10g EM is no longer client/server-based but web-based. That means there is no menu item, EM is called through an URL in a webbrowser. The default address is http://<hostname>:5500/em . A windows service OracleDBConsole<SID> must be present and started.
          • 2. Re: Enterprise Manger 10g
            I ran into a similar problem. Here is the answer from Oracle. At this time Enterprise Management Grid Control OMS is not available for Windows, so you can't use Enterprise Management Console at this moment.

Let me know if you see anywhere Oracle documented this. So far, I don't remember that I have seen this one.
            • 3. Re: Enterprise Manger 10g
              Grid Control (Management of many targets from one central point) isn't yet supported for Windows, but dbconsole (standalone) is supported.
              • 4. Re: Enterprise Manger 10g
                <<10g EM is no longer client/server-based but web-based>>

There is Oracle Enterprise Manager Java Console for Oracle 10g.
                http://download-east.oracle.com/docs/html/B12012_03/appD.htm#sthref218
                • 5. Re: Enterprise Manger 10g
                  Please look at the "OEM 10g Oracledbconsole problems in a Windows XP Pro environment " I entered in the discussion forum. I was getting the same problem and was able to fix it.
                  • 6. Re: Enterprise Manger 10g
                    Please look at the "OEM 10g Oracledbconsole problems in a Windows XP Pro environment " topic I entered in the discussion forum. I was getting the same problem and was able to fix it.
                    • 7. Re: Enterprise Manger 10g
                      Laurent Schneider
                      There is Oracle Enterprise Manager Java Console for
                      Oracle 10g.
                      Yes, but it is not more then the 9i java console which can connect to the 10g databases. It cannot connect to the agent and the 10g new features, like the recycle bin, are not integrated.

As specified in the link above, the java console is installed from the Oracle 10g "client" cdrom/directory.

Not worth a try in my opinion...

Regards
                      Laurent