This discussion is archived
1 Reply Latest reply: Jul 15, 2008 10:49 PM by 807557 RSS

Command Line Options When starting Real Time Application

807557 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hello Friends,

I have a real time application.I want to set specific behaviour for the real time JVM for following.

1. I want to compile all referenced files compiled in the start ie when we start loading the classes for application it will compile all the classes referenced by this class and further all classes compile all other classes that are referenced by these and so on.
2. I want to set priority parameters of the Application such as for system threads and Application thread execution and time thread
3. I want to set the garbage collection priority for application

Can anyone tell me what keyword are to be used to set these values at command line.

Thanks
  • 1. Re: Command Line Options When starting Real Time Application
    807557 Newbie
    Currently Being Moderated
    I'm assuming your are using Sun's Java RTS product, otherwise consult the vendor documentation for whatever VM you are using. For Sun Java RTS consult its documentation:

http://java.sun.com/javase/technologies/realtime/reference/rts_productdoc_2.1.html
    qasdkja wrote:
    1. I want to compile all referenced files compiled in the start ie when we start loading the classes for application it will compile all the classes referenced by this class and further all classes compile all other classes that are referenced by these and so on.
    See the compilation guide.
    2. I want to set priority parameters of the Application such as for system threads and Application thread execution and time thread
    Priority of application threads is set by the application code.

For "system threads" it depends on what "system threads" you mean. For RTGC values see the GC guide. There are some RT system threads that you can set the priority of - but these are advanced options not normally recommended - but see the "Command-line options" guide (and probably the "Technical Info" guide). Other VM threads are not real-time threads and can not have their priority changed. If you have specific threads in mind please let us know which ones.
    3. I want to set the garbage collection priority for application
    See the GC Guide. GC tuning is a sophisticated process and there is a lot more to it than just setting a single priority.

David Holmes