I have the dongle adapter for the two blades in my chassis; how do I setup and load an OS on them, like one of the W2K8 R2 server? Do I need to located a USB DVD drive or is there a better way of doing this...?
Basically you want to:
1) conntect via serial interface to the CMM (chassi) ans set an IP-address of the chassi ILO.
2) SSH to the chassi IP-address from a PC
3) use the CLI to set the ILO IP-address of each blade
4) From the same PC you now should be able to set surf to the CMM and each blade :)
5) Use the redirect function available in the ILO to access the BIOS, mount an .iso image and so on...
However, start browsing the Sun supportpages for each step...
I promise setting up the ILO is worth the time... at least that is my experience...
As a start this is a link to one type of blade but I think the ILO IP-address is configured in the same way on all bladetypes :
I was able to connect with the serial cable, and I logged in fine, assigned an IP address and then attempted to update the ILOM from 1.1.8 to 3.1.2 and the CMM now appears dead and I cannot access it. All lights are out and it is stuck on FRUTOOL.