This content has been marked as final. Show 4 replies
1. Reboot the server once before starting the patching activty. This ensures that the server did not have any issue before the patching.
2. If you have configured mirror for the OS disk. Then break to the mirror. Test booting the server from each disk separately. This ensure a fallback plan.
3. Boot one of the disk to single user mode and start the install script.
4. Reboot the server once patching completed. Check the server to confirm that things were same as before.
5. You may now sync the mirror.
I have never did 'boot -r' while applying patch_cluster. But, while applying individal specific patch, I strictly follow the instructions given in the readme file.
There are no specific file list that needs to copied to restore normalcy.