2 Replies Latest reply: Jun 22, 2010 10:52 AM by 807567 RSS

Force Quit Hung SunMC Service?

Good afternoon,

I'm attempting to "fix" the webserver piece of SunMC; it doesn't work right now, but during troubleshooting I found that constantly updated errors in "/var/opt/SUNWsymon/web/logs/catalina.out" which causes it to grow rapidly. The "sunmcwebserver" SMF is constantly restarting, so I tried using "svcadm disable sunmcwebserver", but it didn't work. I just tried "es-stop -A", and it's hanging on the "Stopping webserver". A "ps -ef | grep web" shows that the "es-svc.sh" script is constantly doing stops and starts on the webserver.

So I'd like to solve the bigger problem, and I'm definitely open to suggestions on that, but for the moment I'd like to at least know how to stop the "webserver" service, or any other going forward. It looks like something is calling "es-svc.sh stop/start", but I don't know what yet. Thanks everyone...

- Dion
        • 1. Re: Force Quit Hung SunMC Service?
          Still troubleshooting the main web server issue, but to stop the "sunmcwebserver" SMF from constantly restarting, I just renamed the "/lib/svc/method/es-svc.sh" to something else and let the SMF go to maintenance/disabled. Everything "appears" to be OK right now as far as console access and performance reporting, but like I said, I'm still looking into the web sever problem.

- Dion
          • 2. Re: Force Quit Hung SunMC Service?
            I am seeing this same issue of constant restarting of the web server, but no idea why. If you make any progress on this please let me know. Thanks!