4 Replies Latest reply: Jun 8, 2010 11:59 PM by 807567 RSS

SMC : Attempt to get a list of all Disks failed with unexpected CIM error

807567 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi,

When i try to click Storage -> disks under SMC, i am getting this message
Attempt to get a list of all Disks failed with unexpected CIM error:  TIMED_OUT

Any help?
  • 1. Re: SMC : Attempt to get a list of all Disks failed with unexpected CIM error
    807567 Newbie
    Same problem here. Solaris 10 x86 on VMWare, freshly installed.
    I have no problems with format or anything, but in SMC, there is no turner icon in front of "Disks" and I get the same error message.

Note: I made a custom install (based on Full+OEM) by removing several unnecessary parts like Gnome, Staroffice and PostgreSQL.
    Also, my disks are either ZFS (root IDE disk) or assigned to metadevices (scsi disks).
    I checked "Usage" in "mounts and shares" and it lists only the ZFS pool volume, and says to be 100% full.
    Seems SMC is not fully aware of ZFS.

Edited by: Surrano on May 20, 2010 10:28 PM
  • 2. Re: SMC : Attempt to get a list of all Disks failed with unexpected CIM error
    796313 Newbie
    Hi Surrano,
    Surrano wrote:
    Same problem here. Solaris 10 x86 on VMWare, freshly installed.
    I have no problems with format or anything, but in SMC, there is no turner icon in front of "Disks" and I get the same error message.

Note: I made a custom install (based on Full+OEM) by removing several unnecessary parts like Gnome, Staroffice and PostgreSQL.
    Also, my disks are either ZFS (root IDE disk) or assigned to metadevices (scsi disks).
    I checked "Usage" in "mounts and shares" and it lists only the ZFS pool volume, and says to be 100% full.
    Seems SMC is not fully aware of ZFS.
    I can't tell if you're talking about Sun Management Center, of Solaris Management Console ... but you're correct that Sun Management Center doesn't show ZFS usage out-of-the-box. The easiest way to add it would be to install the [SystemMonitor module|http://www.halcyoninc.com/products/PlusPack/help/SolarisSystemMonitor/HALSolarisSystemAlert-filesystem-h.html], which is part of the [PlusPack download|http://www.halcyoninc.com/products/PlusPack/index.php] from Halcyon.

Regards,

Mike.Kirk@HalcyonInc.com
  • 3. Re: SMC : Attempt to get a list of all Disks failed with unexpected CIM error
    807567 Newbie
    Hi All,

Today I have installed "Solaris 10 10/09 s10x_u8wos_08a X86" on my laptop. But when try to list disks through SMC gui, I am getting the following error,

"attempt to get a list of all disks failed with unexpected CIM error CIM_err_failed "

I did check some of the forums, but didn't find the proper answers yet.

If someone could help me to resolve this issue, really appreciate it.

Regards,
    NPK
  • 4. Re: SMC : Attempt to get a list of all Disks failed with unexpected CIM error
    807567 Newbie
    I have applied 10_x86_Recommended.zip cluster patch, but the issue is still exists :(

Regards,
    NPK