11 Replies Latest reply: Feb 17, 2010 3:45 PM by 752865 RSS

Job scheduled succeeded, but I cannot see the graphs

Hi all,
      I scheduled a job for a time interval. The page with scheduled report status says it has succeeded.Unfortunately, when I click on the scheduled job it says not data found etc etc.

Any fix for this issue?
        • 1. Re: Job scheduled succeeded, but I cannot see the graphs
          Hi Zeealee,

Are you scheduling reports with PRM or Halcyon's PrimeAlert Enterprise Reporter?

If you're using PRM, have you tried running the same graph manually? What do you get as a result?

Pegah Garousi
          Halcyon Monitoring Solutions
          • 2. Re: Job scheduled succeeded, but I cannot see the graphs
            Hi there,
            I tried creating the graphs using PRM and also with Prime Alert Reporter. Unfortunately, this agent (solaris zone) is giving me trouble in creating graphs.
            The situation is that we had a server with the same name and now we created a new server with the same hostname and installed the agent for data collection. So, Sun MC or Prime Alert Reporter is just not doing anything with this host / agent.
            Any help to fix this issue will be great.
            We changed the server to spec out the system usage and Sun MC and Prime Alert Reporter ditched me and my job at the last moment.
            • 3. Re: Job scheduled succeeded, but I cannot see the graphs
              Hi zeealee,
              zeealee wrote:
              Hi there,
              I tried creating the graphs using PRM and also with Prime Alert Reporter. Unfortunately, this agent (solaris zone) is giving me trouble in creating graphs.
              The situation is that we had a server with the same name and now we created a new server with the same hostname and installed the agent for data collection. So, Sun MC or Prime Alert Reporter is just not doing anything with this host / agent.
              Any help to fix this issue will be great.
              We changed the server to spec out the system usage and Sun MC and Prime Alert Reporter ditched me and my job at the last moment.
              I'm not quite sure that I understand your situation. Could you please clarify... Do you have 2 servers with the same hostname running SunMC agents at the same time? Is the SunMC Server communicating with those agents properly?

Before creating graphs, you should make sure the SunMC agent is collecting the metrics you are trying to graph and that data collection is enabled for those metrics.

For PRM, from your SunMC Console go to Tools --> Report Manager then Data --> Data Availability. You will see a list of hosts with data collection enabled and selecting a host from that list will give you a list of all the data properties that are collecting data for PRM. If you do not see your zone in this list, you will not be able to create a graph. Take a look at [this posting|http://forums.halcyoninc.com/showthread.php?t=45] for instructions on how to use PRM.

For PrimeAlert Reporter, you can check data collection for Reporter by double clicking on the SunMC agent of your zone, make sure the PrimeAlert Reporter module is loaded and verify that the metric you are trying to graph appears within the Reporter module. This means that the reporter is collecting data. If you do not see it there, then you need to enable data collection for it by logging in the WebPortal and navigating to SunMC agent of your zone and then down to the desired module and object you wish you graph. Follow the instructions of the [Adding Items Without the Preconfigure List|http://www.halcyoninc.com/products/Reporter/help/Reporter/HALReport-addingrows-h.html] section. Please note that, you need to give it some time to collect data before graphing.

Pegah Garousi
              • 4. Re: Job scheduled succeeded, but I cannot see the graphs
                Hi,

I am not worried about Prime Alert Reporter for right now. I made Prime Alert Reporter work by reseeding the agents and changing hostnames into IP addressess. Currently, I am trying to create a graph for used memory under Sun MC. I can easily look into Free memory graph as the data is being collected by Sun MC by default. I am creating a job for used memory using the PRM. I can see the job in the scheduled window and I can see success on right hand size of that job but I am unable to see the graphs.
                Any help will be great.
                • 5. Re: Job scheduled succeeded, but I cannot see the graphs
                  zeealee wrote:
                  Hi,

I am not worried about Prime Alert Reporter for right now. I made Prime Alert Reporter work by reseeding the agents and changing hostnames into IP addressess. Currently, I am trying to create a graph for used memory under Sun MC. I can easily look into Free memory graph as the data is being collected by Sun MC by default. I am creating a job for used memory using the PRM. I can see the job in the scheduled window and I can see success on right hand size of that job but I am unable to see the graphs.
                  Any help will be great.
                  The result of the scheduled reports are automatically posted in the Web Server. To [access those reports|http://docs.sun.com/app/docs/doc/816-7417/6mde4bs47?a=view] you need to go to:
                  https://<sunmc_server>:8080/prm/reports
                  Is that where you were viewing the result of your schedule report? If so, is there any error messages?

Pegah Garousi
                  • 6. Re: Job scheduled succeeded, but I cannot see the graphs
                    Yes, I am looking for the reports on that address, but there is nothing there for some reason.
                    • 7. Re: Job scheduled succeeded, but I cannot see the graphs
                      Make sure you have the latest SunMC patches including the PRM patch (138553). You can find a list of the SunMC 4.0 patches here

Pegah Garousi
                      • 8. Re: Job scheduled succeeded, but I cannot see the graphs
                        I already have Sun MC 4 v5 installed. Has there been new patches after this release?
                        Does Sun MC has a module for patch management?

Thanks
                        • 9. Re: Job scheduled succeeded, but I cannot see the graphs
                          It seems that PRM is sensitive to hostname and IPs. So even if your SunMC Server and Agent are communicating fine, PRM will still try to communicate with the system using its hostname.

Try the PRM troubleshooting found here

Pegah Garousi
                          • 10. Re: Job scheduled succeeded, but I cannot see the graphs
                            Hi there,

I have triend using IP addresses and host-names, but nothing seems to be working.
                            What I have noticed is that PRM is not logging the property of Memory that I am trying to graph even after the scheduled report request successfully runs.
                            Do you know a way I could change or edit the values that I want PRM to monitor or record?
                            Thanks
                            • 11. Re: Job scheduled succeeded, but I cannot see the graphs
                              To enable data collection for a specific property, take a look at the instructions at the bottom of [this thread|http://forums.halcyoninc.com/showthread.php?t=45]

Pegah Garousi