This discussion is archived
3 Replies Latest reply: Feb 1, 2010 9:01 AM by 807750 RSS

how to create graphs using data?

807750 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi folks,

I have installed the SUNMC 4.0 release. In the Report Manager window I can see the list of hosts that have data collection and data avaialble. Unfortunately whenever I try to create graphs it says unable to find data. Is there a fix to this issue? If anybody can help that will be great.

Thanks in advance
  • 1. Re: how to create graphs using data?
    796313 Newbie
    Hi Zeealee
    zeealee wrote:
    Hi folks,

I have installed the SUNMC 4.0 release. In the Report Manager window I can see the list of hosts
    that have data collection and data avaialble. Unfortunately whenever I try to create graphs it says
    unable to find data. Is there a fix to this issue? If anybody can help that will be great.
    SunMC PRM troubleshooting and usage notes can be found here and here. One quick thing to double-check is if the numbers you're trying to graph are coming from the "Kernel Reader" or "Kernel Reader Simple" module (to SunMC they are different things). i.e. if the Agent is collecting "Kernel Reader Simple - 5 Min Load Avg" and you're trying to graph "Kernel Reader - 5 Min Load Avg" it won't work... even though it's the same number.

If you can't get PRM to work there are other graphing packages that can be used with SunMC: send me an email and I'll dig them up for you.

Regards,

Mike.Kirk@HalcyonInc.com
  • 2. Re: how to create graphs using data?
    807750 Newbie
    Hi Mike,

Thanks a million for your help. I was going into Kernel Reader to retrieve graphs, but data was collected through Kernel Reader Simple. Now I tried creating graphs using kernel reader simple and it seems to be working.
    The other question is if you can help me is in the data availability page I have all my agents working fine, but 2 agents are not working for some reason. One box said data cannot be collected in the last data collection cycle and the other agent is actually a zone which is inactive. Any help will be great. Also, if you can make me understand on how to create alarms of different processes and send email something similar to HP Openview.

thanks a lot.
  • 3. Re: how to create graphs using data?
    807750 Newbie
    Hi Mike,

I also tried to customize the alarms using the attributes window and changed the threshold to a different value and applied changes, but unfortunately nothing shows up in the domain status summary. Any help, in this regard will be great. thanks a million