2 Replies Latest reply: Sep 21, 2009 2:44 AM by 807567 RSS

using es-cli to get module information about kernel-reader

Hi,

My mission is to do as much as possible using the command line interface with SunMC.
      I can already add and remove agents; I can load and unload modules, I can manage alarms.

Next question, which I have been chewing on for days now:

How to get module information about the kernel reader? How can you get a list of valid managed objects and properties?

I found only one example, which is about UFS filesystems, but this is exactly one item that will not be monitored by SunMC. I want to find ot how I can get information about

- system load
      - CPU statistics
      - memory usage statistics
      - kernel memory allocation
      - I/O
      - zones

And my next question will be: the same, but for the common config reader module, to perform hardware monitoring.

I would greatly appreciate any help.

Machtelt.
        • 1. Re: using es-cli to get module information about kernel-reader
          As there seems to be a lot of interest in this subject, and since I found some form of solution, I thought I'd share it with you.

In the es-cli interface, there is a thing called browse mode. Activate it by typing browse after logging in.
          Now you can easily browse your network and all of the managed objects. Use getattributes at the end of each branch to see the properties of objects. So far, I've indexed all of the kernel reader module, the health monitor module, the common config reader and the config reader for workgroup servers. If my employer allows, I will post results to http://tille.garrels.be/training/sunmc/ - check later this week.

Machtelt.
          • 2. Re: using es-cli to get module information about kernel-reader
            See http://tille.garrels.be/training/sunmc - later this week and if my current employer allows me to share this.