0 Replies Latest reply: Jun 28, 2010 12:21 PM by 796344 RSS

Entitlement Problems?

Just wondering how many other people are having entitlement problems? I have been battling entitlement problems for the last 3 weeks. The problem I am having is that I have about 30 servers. All of these on the same entitlement contract that is due to expire on June 30. 95% of them starting 3 weeks ago will show the security patches one day and then not again for 4-5 days if ever. I have contacted sun, opened a case talked to my sales rep and have not got anything resolved. We have a new PO out for a new contract to cover the machines but have not recieved the new contract number yet either.

We have had major problems trying to get quotes on on x86 systems that my staff use in their office. We were told that Oracle has the highest priority on their big customers and that we will just have to wait.

I converted one of my Solaris 10 x86 systems to Redhat and I am about to tell my staff to power down or convert to Redhat because we can not run unpatched systems.

Anybody else having problems, or am I just the lucky one?

Seems that Oracle is just wanting to drive away all the smaller customers.

Gary