This content has been marked as final. Show 8 replies
Take a look at http://www.opensolaris.org/jive/thread.jspa?messageID=318996&tstart=0#318996 f0rnax created an ISO with the driver on it.
Re: [install-discuss] How to update disk driver during OS installation?
Posted: Dec 17, 2008 7:13 AM in response to: f0rnax
To: Communities » install » discuss
I've just created another iso image with cpqary3 v2.0.0.
I didn't check it if it works, so you have to do it for yourself.
Note: I have tried the V2.0.0 and it works on a HP Smart Array P400.
I found a way to get HP drivers working without floppy or cd/dvd. I will explain steps to make it go:
1. Unpack CPQary3-1.92-solaris10-i386.tar.gz and copy DU directory to usb flash
2. Start solaris install, select 5 to put additional driver, insert usb flash and select 3. This will fail with message
"Can't find install script /tmp/ITUs/000/DU/sol_210/i86pc/Tools/install.sh."
But look before that, you will see path to your usb flash disk, something like /dev/dsk/c2t0d0p1, remember that or write it down.
3. Press e to return to starting menu and select 6, single user shell
4. mkdir /tmp/test
5. mount -F pcfs /dev/dsk/c2t0d0p1 /tmp/test
6. cd /tmp/test/DU; mv SOL_210 t; mv t sol_210; cd sol_210; mv I86PC t; mv t i86pc; cd i86pc/Tools; mv INSTALL.SH t; mv t install.sh; rm -rf /tmp/ITUs/*; cd /tmp;
umount /tmp/test; logout;
7. You are in starting menu again, select 5 then 3 and drivers gets loaded to miniroot.
Seems this was a problem with filename letter case.
Edited by: s.a.s.h.a on Mar 4, 2009 7:51 AM
KUDO's too Simon!!
After fighting this for (4) solid days, I was able to use his iso (http://www.szymonbanka.com/osol-0811-101b-cpq_2.0.0.iso) to easily boot and install (Opensolaris) on my HP Proliant DL360 G3 Server!!
If Simon was able to simply add the necessary drivers for the 5i/6i RAID Array Controller and re-compile the .iso, why doesn't Sun include them in their latest release????
Maybe they could simply add the number 5 option (add drivers) to the OpenSolaris live CD??
THANK YOU SIMON!! for providing this new, improved image of Opensolaris for those of us still running a huge amount of HP Servers in our data centers!!!