This discussion is archived
1 2 3 4 Previous Next 57 Replies Latest reply: Oct 25, 2010 12:57 PM by Sc0tt Go to original post RSS
  • 45. Re: Horizontal scrolling report
    ATD Guru
    Currently Being Moderated
    Hi Sebastian,

I've never needed to do more than one of these reports on a page so hadn't even thought along those lines.

I think it would be possible but it would mean that everything in one report, including all the javascript, would have to use different IDs and javascript names. If you create a new report template based on your original one and go through everything adding, say, "_2" to the end of ALL IDs and javascript function names and variables, it should work. For example, the TL table would become TL_2 and the splitTable() function would become splitTable_2() and so on. A bit of a pain to set up but that should work as, once all objects and functions have different names, they won't interfere with the first report.

Andy
  • 46. Re: Horizontal scrolling report
    skahlert Newbie
    Hi Andy! This is what I thought too. I knew it should possible that way but if you ask me causing too much overload. I guess implementing those scroll bars on chosen reports might be the wisest thing to do! Well, thanks for having a look at my question and doing such ingenius work!

Have a nice evening and see you around!

Sebastian
  • 47. Re: Horizontal scrolling report
    ATD Guru
    Hi Sebastian,

Unfortunately, TABLE tags do not use the "name" attribute, so you could not refer to the document.getElementsByName("TR") collection for example if you had "TR" as the name for two of the tables. You could create some javascript that would loop through all tables and work out which is the first table and which is the second. That may work, but it would mean rewriting a good chunk of the code. But, given that most pages would only have one report, I would just create a second report template to use when needed.

Andy
  • 48. Re: Horizontal scrolling report
    skahlert Newbie
    Hi Andy!

Just found out that the pages containing the scroll-function are not working anymore in IE 8.
    I get an error message within the IE that is like:

Message: HTML Parsing Error: Unable to modify the parent container element before the child element is closed (KB927917)
    Zeile: 0
    Zeichen: 0
    Code: 0
    URI: https://xx.xx.xx.xxx:xxxx/pls/htmldb/f?p=101:490:3679755298643962::NO::P490_CNT_GEBIET,P490_STR_LRT:6528-371%2C9171&cs=3E8D1E436311D4A34ECAEF8E84031CA9C

The page displays perfectly in Firefox! Do you have an idea what I can do to get it running on IE?

Thanks in advance!

Sebastian
  • 49. Re: Horizontal scrolling report
    ATD Guru
    Hi,

I don't use IE8, so have not come across that before. A quick google for the error says that the script is being run before the browser closes a tag that the script is working on. This being the case, you may have to move all of the scripts from the report template into the Region Footer setting on the report region itself - unfortunately, not having IE8, I can not test this.

Andy
  • 50. Re: Horizontal scrolling report
    731397 Newbie
    Andy,
    As the others have said,thank you for this. I am a beginner with Apex, but have learned a lot from this.

I have one question. I see that you have frozen 'columns' with these scrolling report examples. Can 'rows' be frozen, so that you would freeze the header row and say first two data rows? I have report with summary information in the first two rows, and would like to scroll through the report but always see the header row and the first two data rows of summary information as I scroll through the report.

Thank you for any help you can provide.

Mark
  • 51. Re: Horizontal scrolling report
    ATD Guru
    Hi and thanks,

Whilst I have not had a chance to try this yet, I have shown some updated splitTable() code in your other thread (Re: split pane in table report As far as I can tell, it would just be a case of repeating the process that moves the header row into the table above the report - of course, this can be done using a loop to control the number of rows moved, so the code does that.

Andy
  • 52. Re: Horizontal scrolling report
    735462 Newbie
    Hi,

How to work this in Interactive report ?
  • 53. Re: Horizontal scrolling report
    ATD Guru
    Hi,

Not at this time - you can not select which report template to use for an Interactive Report so you can not add in that functionality as it is defined on the report template itself

Andy
  • 54. Re: Horizontal scrolling report
    793320 Newbie
    Hi....Andy.

First of all, i would like to say thanks for your great works.

It really work very fine for showing report with multi fixed header.

But there's something that i want to ask to you.

When i apply it on the tabular form, and trying to do update process using MRU (Multi Row Update) in apex when i click submit button.
    It will display error that the checksum is not valid.

ORA-20001: Error in MRU: row= 1, ORA-20001: ORA-20001: Current version of data in database has changed since user initiated update process. current checksum = "1E169BC8582E662D81F95B804A90E9FA", item checksum = "A884FA378C851786DDFE3A33709CB23C"., update "XXJ"."XXJ_ART_VAR_LINES" set "VAR_HEADER_ID" = :b1, "VAR_LINE_ID" = :b2, "VAR_NO" = :b3, "VAR_TEXT" = :b4, "L1" = :b5, "L2" = :b6, "L3" = :b7, "L4" = :b8, "L5" = :b9, "L6" = :b10, "L7" = :b11, "P1" = :b12, "P2" = :b13, "P3" = :b14, "P4" = :b15, "P5" = :

Any Idea, what's going on with my page.

Need Help from anyone who have this experience before.

Thanks and Best Regards,
    Bayu.
  • 55. Re: Does anyone know how to freeze column headings?
    sumangarg Newbie
    Hello Andy,
    I followed yr example and it's working for my classic report in APEX 4.0.1. But I have a problem. My last column header is check all/uncheck all checkbox. After following yr example, my Check/Uncheck All checkbox is not working.

Thanks in Advance,
    Suman

Edited by: user546012 on Oct 25, 2010 12:28 PM

Edited by: user546012 on Oct 25, 2010 12:28 PM
  • 56. Re: Does anyone know how to freeze column headings?
    sumangarg Newbie
    Hello Andy,
    I followed yr example and it's working for my classic report in APEX 4.0.1. But I have a problem. My last column header is check all/uncheck all checkbox. After following yr example, my Check/Uncheck All checkbox is not working.

Thanks in Advance,
    Suman
  • 57. Re: Does anyone know how to freeze column headings?
    Sc0tt Expert
    Andy has moved on and no longer posts in the forum so you are probably on your own for solving it.
1 2 3 4 Previous Next

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points