2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 8, 2004 8:06 PM by Ronald Rood

cocoa developers ?

Ronald Rood
      Hi, I would like to give cocoa programming a try. Who can help me through the first steps ? What I want is an nice little native app, a bit like sqlplus (oci/pro-c/jdbc), having a split screen (top for sql and bottom for results), handling multiple database connections and a quick key like ctrl-return to execute the sql.
      I did follow the steps for the CurrencyConverter but I need a little more help on this...

thanks,
      Ronald.
        • 1. Re: cocoa developers ?
          I have been programming for almost 3 years now a Cocoa front end to our inhouse admin system running on Oracle 9i, soon to be running on Xserve 10g if they can get the final release out the door.

I am using JDBC for the interface part, and the rest using Objective-C. I am putting the system into production this month.

If you are starting from scratch, it will take you awhile to get into speed. I can help you on the way, as I have been living inside Cocoa for the last three years.
          • 2. Re: cocoa developers ?
            Ronald Rood
            If you are starting from scratch, it will take you
            awhile to get into speed. I can help you on the way,
            as I have been living inside Cocoa for the last three
            years.
            Thanks for your response Ivan,
            it's quite a steep learning curve, that's for sure. It's also the reason I never got past the drawing of an interface and actually never produced any code since I never was able to find out what to do next... I would like to start with a 'simple' sqlplus replacement and make it a little more advanced on the go. Could you please mail me so we can exchange some ideas on how to accomplish this ? mailto:unix-dba@ronr.nl will do.

thanks,
            Ronald.