This discussion is archived
7 Replies Latest reply: Feb 24, 2009 1:09 PM by 807574 RSS

Error : content is not available

807574 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi,

I use pdeploy deploy ... to deploy the portlet to portal server.
I got the error message "Error : content is not available" when I look at
the portlet on the portal desk top.

What should I setup to solve this problem ?

Can someone help me ?

Thanks!
  • 1. Re: Error : content is not available
    807574 Newbie
    Check the logs in /var/opt/SUNWam/debug
  • 2. Re: Error : content is not available
    807574 Newbie
    Hi,

My sun portal server is installed under windows, I check the C:\Sun\AccessManager\debug\desktop.debug ,
    I got the following error message.

ERROR: ProviderCaller.run(): exception thrown from Portlet_App_10_15_2006_1
    com.sun.portal.providers.ProviderException: WindowProvider.getContent():container exceptioncom.sun.portal.container.ContainerException: PortletContainer.getMarkup():getting content java.lang.NullPointerException
         at com.sun.portal.providers.window.WindowProvider.getPortletContent(WindowProvider.java:388)
         at com.sun.portal.providers.window.WindowProvider.getContentInternal(WindowProvider.java:239)
         at com.sun.portal.providers.window.WindowProvider.getContent(WindowProvider.java:204)
         at com.sun.portal.desktop.context.ReusableProviderCaller.run(ReusableProviderCaller.java:160)
    com.sun.portal.container.ContainerException: PortletContainer.getMarkup():getting content java.lang.NullPointerException
         at com.sun.portal.container.portlet.impl.PortletContainer.getMarkup(PortletContainer.java:220)
         at com.sun.portal.providers.window.WindowProvider.getPortletContent(WindowProvider.java:386)
         at com.sun.portal.providers.window.WindowProvider.getContentInternal(WindowProvider.java:239)
         at com.sun.portal.providers.window.WindowProvider.getContent(WindowProvider.java:204)
         at com.sun.portal.desktop.context.ReusableProviderCaller.run(ReusableProviderCaller.java:160)
    java.lang.NullPointerException
         at com.sun.portal.container.portlet.impl.PortletContainer.invokePAE(PortletContainer.java:409)
         at com.sun.portal.container.portlet.impl.PortletContainer.getMarkup(PortletContainer.java:180)
         at com.sun.portal.providers.window.WindowProvider.getPortletContent(WindowProvider.java:386)

Actually I double check the portlet code, the code is fine, no bug.

Do we need to check or setup something ?

thanks!
  • 3. Re: Error : content is not available
    807574 Newbie
    Hi,

Were you able to resolve the problem?
    I am facing the same error here....

thx.
  • 4. Re: Error : content is not available
    807574 Newbie
    hi,
    i m alos facing the same problem. if any one of you have found out the solution please let me know.its very urgent.
    thanks.
  • 5. Re: Error : content is not available
    807574 Newbie
    don't know the problem is fully solved or not , but well at least i can see my portlet on myfronttab.

i assume u use studio creator 2 to create your portlet and export it into a war file.
    here what i do,
    1) remove all those tags that contains your portletname in web.xml
    2) then in the /tmp/portletName_portlet.xml file (after you add the war file as a new channel) You need to add tags :<portlet-preferences> ,<preference> and its value into the xml file. (refer back to the portletsamples_portlet.xml as reference).
    and it should at least display the portlet.

Not so sure why such important info is not generated when the new channel is added via the amconsole. (haven't try the command yet!). Is there an issue with the deployment or is there some missing configs from the war file that is generated by the studio creator. Sun Team can you verify that??

hope this still help somebody out there......
  • 6. Re: Error : content is not available
    807574 Newbie
    i m answering to my question. might help someone.
    here r the steps i took.
    1)set debug level to ALL in PDconfig.properties file.
    2)Put all the request dispatcher command in portlet class file inside try catch block.
    3)Delete every thing from web.xml file except <web-app> , <display-name> </web-app>.
    After these changes my portlets are running fine..

cheers.......
  • 7. Re: Error : content is not available
    807574 Newbie
    Hi..seems to be you guys had this issue in the past so could you please help me to find out why this error comes up? some time the recycle helps but still dont know the root cause for this issue..

Thanks in advance

02/24/2009 02:20:24:130 PM EST: Thread[Thread-8504,5,main]
    ERROR: ProviderCaller.run(): exception thrown from HomeContainer/UrgentMessagesPortletChannel
    com.sun.portal.providers.ProviderException: WindowProvider.getContent():container exceptioncom.sun.portal.container.ContainerException: PortletContainer.getMarkup():getting content java.lang.NullPointerException
         at com.sun.portal.providers.window.WindowProvider.getPortletContent(WindowProvider.java:388)
    com.sun.portal.container.ContainerException: PortletContainer.getMarkup():getting content java.lang.NullPointerException
         at com.sun.portal.container.portlet.impl.PortletContainer.getMarkup(PortletContainer.java:239)
    java.lang.NullPointerException
         at org.apache.catalina.connector.HttpRequestBase.changeContext(HttpRequestBase.java:1304)
         at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.invoke(ApplicationDispatcher.java:767)
         at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.doInclude(ApplicationDispatcher.java:628)
         at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.include(ApplicationDispatcher.java:539)
         at com.sun.portal.container.portlet.impl.PortletContainer.invokePAE(PortletContainer.java:429)
         at com.sun.portal.container.portlet.impl.PortletContainer.getMarkup(PortletContainer.java:199)

02/24/2009 02:47:58:885 PM EST: Thread[service-j2ee-22,5,main]
    ERROR: DesktopServlet.handleException()
    java.lang.ClassCastException

----------

02/24/2009 11:00:44:511 AM EST: Thread[Thread-100647,5,main]
    ERROR: CONTENT_EXCEPTION:com.sun.portal.providers.window.WindowException: Content Exceptioncom.sun.portal.container.ContentException: PortletContainer.getMarkup(): Exception thrown from render() of GCPortlets|MessagesPortlet|HomeContainer/MessagesPortletChannel error code MISC_ERROR
    CONTENT_EXCEPTION:com.sun.portal.providers.window.WindowException: Content Exceptioncom.sun.portal.container.ContentException: PortletContainer.getMarkup(): Exception thrown from render() of GCPortlets|MessagesPortlet|HomeContainer/MessagesPortletChannel error code MISC_ERROR
         at com.sun.portal.providers.window.WindowProvider.getPortletContent(WindowProvider.java:391)
    com.sun.portal.container.ContentException: PortletContainer.getMarkup(): Exception thrown from render() of GCPortlets|MessagesPortlet|HomeContainer/MessagesPortletChannel error code MISC_ERROR
         at com.sun.portal.container.portlet.impl.PortletContainer.getMarkup(PortletContainer.java:227)

02/24/2009 11:10:39:744 AM EST: Thread[service-j2ee-40,5,main]

02/24/2009 11:11:14:611 AM EST: Thread[service-j2ee-8,5,main]

02/24/2009 11:12:05:576 AM EST: Thread[service-j2ee-67,5,main]