3 Replies Latest reply: Nov 15, 2004 5:49 PM by 60437 RSS

modifing the message "x error have occured" when validation...

Hello,

Is there a way to modify the message "x error have occured" when validation is done ??

Thanks
        • 1. Re: modifing the message "x error have occured" when validation...
          Jina,

That message can't be changed, but you can suppress it. You can edit the page template used by your page, go to the Notification sub-template region and replace #MESSAGE# with an application item substitution like &MY_VALIDATION_ERR. . Then create that application item named MY_VALIDATION_ERR. Then a validation (function returning boolean) can do something like:
           if <validation check fails> then 
              :MY_VALIDATION_ERR := 'some bad errors happened';
              return false;
            else
              :MY_VALIDATION_ERR := null;
              return true;
            end if;
          That's the general idea anyway, you might not want to go to that much trouble.

Scott
          • 2. Re: modifing the message "x error have occured" when validation...
            Hello Scott,

Thanks for your reply....
            but :

What will be the condition of the following if :
            if <validation check fails> ??

I have a lot of pages, each page with many validations,
            many validations types (items not null, pl/sql....).

Thanks.
            • 3. Re: modifing the message "x error have occured" when validation...
              Jina,

As I said, that technique would work for PL/SQL function validations in which you must code the validation pass/fail logic. I don't know of a way to do what you asked without your having to re-implement all your validations in this way , which is why I said it might be too much trouble.

Scott