1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 4, 2003 11:49 PM by 807574

JAXP

I am using the latest JAXP api from sun as wel as the org.w3c.dom packages. I created a JSP channel that would process a XML file recieved externally. I have added theses JAXP api and dom jar files at the end of the portals webserver classpath.

When I run my application I get the following error
      ..java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.w3c.dom.Node: method getNamespaceURI()Ljava/lang/String;...

Can I put my JAXP api and dom jar files as the first jar files in the portal webserver's classpath to make sure that it gets the latest version of these files, and be sure that it will not mess up the portal? is the version of org.w3c.dom.* and jaxp-api that is being used by the portal compatible with the latest org.w3c.dom.* and also jaxp-api.jar?
        • 1. Re: JAXP
          Which version of Portal Server are you running?

If you place the your new JAXP jars at the end of the classpath the webserver will not pick it up.

Make a backup of the config file and replace the JAXP jars in the webserver classpath with the new version that you downloaded, restart the webserver instance and check if it works.

If the JAXP API is backward compatible the Portal Server should not have any problem with it.