1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 26, 2008 1:01 PM by 807574

Portal Server Configuration Failed

Hi,

For development work I wanted to install 'Enterprise System 5'. As my personal type of poison is the Windows platform, I installed the application contained in the java_es-5_appsuite-windows-x86.zip file. Installation took quite a lot of time. I often stared at the screen seeing no progress whatsoever.

Anyway, the end result was a 'Portal Server Configuration Failed'. Looking in the ...\portal\data\logs\config\portal.fabric.0.0.log file I found the following error message:
      [#|2008-06-26T13:11:07.304+0200|SEVERE|SJS Portal Server|debug.com.sun.portal.fabric.config|ThreadID=10; ClassName=com.sun.portal.fabric.config.PortalConfigurator; MethodName=configureHost; |PSFB_CSPFC0020:Cacao Server startup failed|#]

[#|2008-06-26T13:11:07.304+0200|SEVERE|SJS Portal Server|debug.com.sun.portal.fabric.config|ThreadID=10; ClassName=com.sun.portal.fabric.config.PortalConfigurator; MethodName=configureHost; |PSFB_CSPFC0024:Failed to configure the Host
      com.sun.portal.fabric.tasks.ConfigurationException
           at com.sun.portal.fabric.config.PortalConfigurator.configureHost(PortalConfigurator.java:635)
           at com.sun.portal.fabric.config.ConfigurePortal.main(ConfigurePortal.java:166)
      |#]

[#|2008-06-26T13:11:07.304+0200|SEVERE|SJS Portal Server|debug.com.sun.portal.fabric.config|ThreadID=10; ClassName=com.sun.portal.fabric.config.ConfigurePortal; MethodName=main; |PSFB_CSPFC0014:Failed configuring Portal Server!!
      com.sun.portal.fabric.tasks.ConfigurationException: com.sun.portal.fabric.tasks.ConfigurationException
           at com.sun.portal.fabric.config.PortalConfigurator.configureHost(PortalConfigurator.java:749)
           at com.sun.portal.fabric.config.ConfigurePortal.main(ConfigurePortal.java:166)
      Caused by: com.sun.portal.fabric.tasks.ConfigurationException
           at com.sun.portal.fabric.config.PortalConfigurator.configureHost(PortalConfigurator.java:635)
           ... 1 more
      |#]
      Obviously, it will not work. Do you know what steps I need to execute so I can get the whole bang for my 'Enterprise System 5' dollar?

Abel
        • 1. Re: Portal Server Configuration Failed
          Looking at what to do, I found [http://docs.sun.com/app/docs/doc/819-5699/6n7p060rt?a=view#afcib|http://docs.sun.com/app/docs/doc/819-5699/6n7p060rt?a=view#afcib] . When I executed:
          JavaES5-Install-Dir\share\cacao_2\bin\cacaoadm.bat start
          I got the following feedback in my dos-box:
          INGEBOUWD\Gebruikers
          Error handling error: 1722, LookupAccountName at C:/JavaES5/share/cacao_2/lib/to
          ols/scripts/CacaoAdm/PlatformFileHelper.pm line 187.
          Cannot remove file: [C:\JavaES5\share\cacao_2\var\run\cacao\cacaoadmYscpuo].
          The file "cacaoadmYscpuo" does not exist (so why should it be removed, and if not possible break the installation?)

Abel