This content has been marked as final. Show 2 replies
Take a look at: http://eai.ittoolbox.com/groups/technical-functional/seebeyond-l/changing-properties-of-an-interface-after-deployment-logging-interface-2105662
A brief Summary:
- Many adapters can be dynamically configured - that is config info can reside in a database.
- Java Caps Allows for connection to an LDAP server for dynamic lookup. There is some caveats described in the link above. It also seems to have been preserved for compatibility reasons in CAPS 6 (see below). I do not know if the basic problem (how to find the correct LDAP environment for your needs) have been officially solved in the CAPS 6 implementation
- Tools like iDeploy (for ICAN 5.0.5 J2EE) and iConfigure (distributed by Support) allows for updates of a specific EAR-file with config parameters stored in files. I doubt sincerely that these are (or have ever been) supported (despite of Sun Support distribution) or maintained.
- It is possible to perform jndi-lookups from collabs or external code. The transactionality aspect is however unpredictable.
- I believe what would work for you is the new CAPS6 dynamic configuration functionality. For an overview, please note: http://wikis.sun.com/download/attachments/38767325/JavaCAPS6+Application+Configuration.pdf?version=1&modificationDate=1225463856000 and http://wikis.sun.com/display/JavaCAPS/Application+Configuration and http://wikis.sun.com/display/JavaCAPS/Application+Configuration+Lab.