This discussion is archived
1 2 Previous Next 20 Replies Latest reply: May 28, 2009 3:55 AM by 807581 RSS

Help Regarding ECBO Api

807581 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hello Friends,
I am developing an application using Mobile Enterprise Platform , so for that to write connectors we need ECBO api , where will i get this api ( jar file ). I read one article they claim that api comes along with Sun Glassfish Mobile Enterprise platform , but when i configured with netbeans ,I am not able to import com.sun.mep.connector api actullay .

So, any one can help me out.
  • 1. Re: Help Regarding ECBO Api
    807581 Newbie
    In the developer's guide for connectors

http://docs.sun.com/app/docs/doc/820-7207

there is a procedure "To Create a Maven Project for an ECBO Enterprise Connector" in NetBeans.
    If you follow those instructions NB should be able to find the sun.com.mep.connector classes.
    Please let us know if that is not the case.

Did you download the MEP 1.1 client bundle (sgmp-client-1_1_01-fcs-b02.zip) from the following link.
    https://cds.sun.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/WFS/CDS-CDS_SMI-Site/en_US/-/USD/ViewProductDetail-Start?ProductRef=MEP-1.1-G-F@CDS-CDS_SMI

It has the API doc for ECBO. Here's the detail on the download page about what's in this client bundle
    The Sun GlassFish Mobility Platform 1.1 client bundle includes the Secure MusicDB and Secure >Salesforce.com sample clients for the Palm and Blackberry mobile devices. The bundle also includes API >documentation for the Mobile Client Business Object (MCBO) API, Enterprise Connector Business Object >(ECBO) API, JerseyMe API, and sample clients. It also provides the sources for the Secure MusicDB and >Secure Salesforce.com sample client applications and the MusicDB sample Enterprise Connector.
    The actual com.sun.mep.connector.api classes are contained in the gateway bundle in the jar

ds-jcr-connector-<version>.jar

which is bundled in the RARS that use it, e.g., musicdb, and is installed into glassfish. For example, you can find it under

domains/mep/applications/j2ee-modules/ds-jcr-musicdb.

Or look where you unpacked the SGMP installer in the gateway directory for the RARS.

I don't think we are providing the source code for ECBO, but we are providing the source for MusicDB sample that illustrates an ECBO connector.

Good luck!
  • 2. Re: Help Regarding ECBO Api
    807581 Newbie
    Thanks a lot.... finally i got it
  • 3. Re: Help Regarding ECBO Api
    807581 Newbie
    Hi Friends,
    I have installed Maven plugin for Netbeans 6.1, but there I don't find MEP Connector Archetype to create project for Developing connectors for MEP.

Thanks
    Jayanth
  • 4. Re: Help Regarding ECBO Api
    807581 Newbie
    hello friends, have any one tried with Database Server MS Sql Server .Can we do synchronize with SQL Server.
  • 5. Re: Help Regarding ECBO Api
    807581 Newbie
    Hi Jayanth,

This blog from Santiago shows you how to install the maven dependency required to build connectors into Netbeans:
    http://weblogs.java.net/blog/spericas/archive/2008/10/developing_mep_3.html.

To answer your other question, you can synchronize with any SQL database that has a jdbc driver. See the MusicDB sample which uses MySQL as the back-end database. It should be fairly easy to port this example to other SQL databases.

regards,
    Hans

Edited by: Hans_Hrasna on May 21, 2009 6:05 AM
  • 6. Re: Help Regarding ECBO Api
    807581 Newbie
    Hi Jayanth,

After you installed the Maven plugin on NB 6.1 the MEP maven archetypes are a little hard to find.
    Try this. File -> New Project -> Maven -> Archetypes from remote Maven Repositories.
  • 7. Re: Help Regarding ECBO Api
    807581 Newbie
    Hi,
    i tried adding the plugins to netbeans
    started with File -> New Project -> Maven -> Maven Project and clicked "Next".
    From the list of Maven archetypes, i tried to open the "Archetypes from remote Maven Repositories" entry but i did not get anything like "MEP Connector Archetype (JAR)".

Please help.
  • 8. Re: Help Regarding ECBO Api
    807581 Newbie
    Please can you give me the exact link for the maven plugins ,
    may be i am missing some of the maven plugins thats the reason why i am not able to get the "MEP connector archtype." link

Edited by: Jayanth_Gande on May 21, 2009 10:54 PM
  • 9. Re: Help Regarding ECBO Api
    807581 Newbie
    the link http://docs.sun.com/app/docs/doc/820-7207/gikei?a=view
    shows how to install the maven plugins

I tried to install the plugin
    i have followed the all the steps , but when i do step no 6,7,8 ,
    i get file not found exception problem and there is nothing appearing under the java.net repository node.

I have listed step no 6,7,8
    6 . After the wizard returns, click Close in the Plugins dialog.
    7 . Choose Windows->Other->Maven Repository Browser.
    8 . In the Maven Repository Browser tree, right-click the Java.net Repository node and select Update Index.

The problem i get is.

java.io.FileNotFoundException: no segments* file found in org.apache.lucene.store.FSDirectory@C:\Documents and Settings\SShete\.m2\repository\.index\nexus\java.net2: files:
         at org.apache.lucene.index.SegmentInfos$FindSegmentsFile.run(SegmentInfos.java:587)
         at org.apache.lucene.index.SegmentInfos.read(SegmentInfos.java:251)
         at org.apache.lucene.index.IndexWriter.init(IndexWriter.java:709)
         at org.apache.lucene.index.IndexWriter.<init>(IndexWriter.java:613)
         at org.sonatype.nexus.index.context.NexusIndexWriter.<init>(NexusIndexWriter.java:22)
         at org.sonatype.nexus.index.context.DefaultIndexingContext.getIndexWriter(DefaultIndexingContext.java:288)
         at org.sonatype.nexus.index.context.DefaultIndexingContext.close(DefaultIndexingContext.java:328)
         at org.sonatype.nexus.index.DefaultNexusIndexer.removeIndexingContext(DefaultNexusIndexer.java:119)
         at org.codehaus.mevenide.indexer.NexusRepositoryIndexserImpl.unloadIndexingContext(NexusRepositoryIndexserImpl.java:196)
         at org.codehaus.mevenide.indexer.NexusRepositoryIndexserImpl.access$500(NexusRepositoryIndexserImpl.java:92)
         at org.codehaus.mevenide.indexer.NexusRepositoryIndexserImpl$1.run(NexusRepositoryIndexserImpl.java:233)
         at org.openide.util.Mutex.writeAccess(Mutex.java:433)
    Caused: org.openide.util.MutexException
         at org.openide.util.Mutex.writeAccess(Mutex.java:437)
         at org.codehaus.mevenide.indexer.NexusRepositoryIndexserImpl.indexRepo(NexusRepositoryIndexserImpl.java:204)
         at org.codehaus.mevenide.indexer.NexusRepositoryIndexserImpl.checkIndexAvailability(NexusRepositoryIndexserImpl.java:182)
         at org.codehaus.mevenide.indexer.NexusRepositoryIndexserImpl.access$700(NexusRepositoryIndexserImpl.java:92)
         at org.codehaus.mevenide.indexer.NexusRepositoryIndexserImpl$5.run(NexusRepositoryIndexserImpl.java:386)
         at org.openide.util.Mutex.writeAccess(Mutex.java:433)
         at org.codehaus.mevenide.indexer.NexusRepositoryIndexserImpl.filterGroupIds(NexusRepositoryIndexserImpl.java:383)
         at org.codehaus.mevenide.indexer.NexusRepositoryIndexserImpl.getGroups(NexusRepositoryIndexserImpl.java:376)
         at org.codehaus.mevenide.indexer.api.RepositoryQueries.getGroups(RepositoryQueries.java:57)
         at org.codehaus.mevenide.repository.GroupListChildren$2.run(GroupListChildren.java:83)
         at org.openide.util.RequestProcessor$Task.run(RequestProcessor.java:572)
    [catch] at org.openide.util.RequestProcessor$Processor.run(RequestProcessor.java:997)

Please help me to get the MEP connector Archetype , when i create the new project.
  • 10. Re: Help Regarding ECBO Api
    807581 Newbie
    Hi Jayanth,

I am not getting that error, but I do have an idea. I've seen problems sometimes when your local Maven repository has contents incompatible with current Maven repos. Try moving
    C:\Documents and Settings\SShete\.m2 to the side (e.g., rename .m2 to hide.m2).

If there is something bad in your existing repository this may correct it. I did a test on a windows machine with NB 6.5.1 to make sure the procedure for installing the Maven plugin and creating a Maven project using MEP archetypes from a remote repository would work when there was no .m2 folder in my home directory to begin with. Success. I was able to create a Maven project with a MEP archetype and in the process my .m2/repository folder was recreated and populated.

I hope that is your problem. Otherwise, my only other suspicion is that you may be behind a firewall and need to set an http proxy or maybe you have a firewall on your PC that is preventing it from accessing a remote maven repository.
  • 11. Re: Help Regarding ECBO Api
    807581 Newbie
    yes you were right. it is because my machine is behind a firewall.
    i tried the same thing from another machine,which was not behind the firewall.
    the Maven plugin worked fine.

however i need to get the same thing on my machine, i cant fmake any changes to the firewall settings, as they are under the company's policy.

i also tried downloading the MEP archetype zip files from location "http://download.java.net/maven/2/.index/"
    and saved it in "C:\Documents and Settings\SShete\.m2\repository\.index\nexus\java.net2".
    Then i opened the Maven repository browser from netbeans and made changes to the local repository path as
    C:\Documents and Settings\SShete\.m2\repository\.index\nexus\java.net2
    Then updated the java.net repository.
    Still there was no difference, there are no folder created under the java.net repository.
    Please help
  • 12. Re: Help Regarding ECBO Api
    807581 Newbie
    Jayanth,

On my PC after cleaning out the local .m2/repository, installing the Maven plugin and getting the MEP connector archetypes, I see the files located under

...\.m2\repository\com\sun\mep-connector-archetype\1.0-SNAPSHOT

These are the files:

maven-metadata-custom-repo.xml
    maven-metadata-custom-repo.xml.sha1
    maven-metadata-mep-connector-archetype-repo.xml
    maven-metadata-mep-connector-archetype-repo.xml.sha1
    mep-connector-archetype-1.0-20090203.214804-3.jar
    mep-connector-archetype-1.0-20090203.214804-3.jar.sha1
    mep-connector-archetype-1.0-20090203.214804-3.pom
    mep-connector-archetype-1.0-20090203.214804-3.pom.sha1
    mep-connector-archetype-1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar
    mep-connector-archetype-1.0-SNAPSHOT.pom
    resolver-status.properties

If that doesn't work, try configuring NB with an HTTP proxy for your company. Go to Tools -> Options. I assume from your machine behind your company's firewall you are able to browse Internet sites by going through a company provided HTTP proxy.
  • 13. Re: Help Regarding ECBO Api
    807581 Newbie
    can you please mail all these files to my account
    jayanth_gande@syntelinc.com

i will create the same directory structure and check if it works
  • 14. Re: Help Regarding ECBO Api
    807581 Newbie
    Jayanth,

You said in a previous reply that you were able to get the Maven plugin to work from a different machine that is not behind the firewall. Can't you copy the files from that machine?
1 2 Previous Next