6 Replies Latest reply: May 3, 2004 9:39 AM by 807581 RSS

Could not retrieve card details from map.

hi,

It seems like there is something wrong with the translation engine of our ECXpert, that is any submission will fail translation. We are certain that it is not map and data problem because they went through before. Although it appears to be a warning message in the event log but no output card is produced.

The Reference Manual does not say what is resolution is. I am running 3.6.2 on Solaris (SunOS pnsadev1app1 5.8 Generic_108528-18 sun4u sparc SUNW,Sun-Fire-280R)

Any idea? thanks
        • 1. Re: Could not retrieve card details from map.
          some more info from the dispatcher debug log..

26097:ECXTranslate::isStylesheet-START
          26097:ECXTranslate::isStylesheet-.sun
          26097:ECXTranslate::isStylesheet-Map is a Mercator Map
          26097:NSMstrThread::SpawnThreads-START
          26097:ECXTranslate::isStylesheet-Map is a Mercator Map
          26097:NSMstrThread::SpawnThreads-START
          26097:NSMstrThread::WaitForThreads-START
          26097:ECXMercatorTranslator::translate-START
          26097:ECXTranslator::usePath-START
          26097:ECXTranslator::usePath-END
          26097:ECXMercatorTranslator::translate currentMapname=/opt/iplanet/ecx3.6.2/NS-apps/ECXpert/maps/ABPX
          ML2BAPLIE_95B_D.sun
          26097:ECXMercatorTranslator::translate sizeof(CARDINFO)=644
          26097:ECXMercatorTranslator::translate-Warning: GetCardIOs( ) failed.
          26097:ECXMercatorTranslator::translate _currentRC=0                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           
          • 2. Re: Could not retrieve card details from map.
            Hi

I too am experiencing the sampe problem "Could not retrive card details from the map" though the same was working fine earlier.
            Does anybody know what update needs to be done to overcome this i.e in ecx.ini or LD_LIBRARY_PATH or any other setting

thanx in adv
            • 3. Re: Could not retrieve card details from map.
              I got this error when diskspace was low on Solaris, see 'df -k'.
              • 4. Re: Could not retrieve card details from map.
                We are having the same problem... ECX eventlog shows "Could not retrieve card details from map". We've translated hundreds of docs before without problems. However, we recently applied the latest Solaris 8 quarterly patches, so wondering if that could be an issue.

I double checked disk space and it's fine, and none of the ECX logs or documentation have any helpful info as to what might cause this.

If you guys discovered what was causing your problem, a reply would be greatly appreciated!
                • 5. Re: Could not retrieve card details from map.
                  ..Check if there is dir "dispatcher_TMP" under /tmp . If yes , delete the dir and re-start ECXpert services .
                  • 6. Re: Could not retrieve card details from map.
                    Thanks for the suggestion... I just checked and that does not exist under /tmp. Could it be anywhere else? I think our next step is to try backing out the latest quarterly patches we applied to see if that corrects things.