10 Replies Latest reply on Nov 3, 2003 6:33 AM by 807581

First time user

Hi ..

I'm new in SunOne EAI, and I'm trying to build a very simple workflow for a start. I'm having difficulties right now and I hope someone can help.

I'm trying to connect to a PLSQL application and order it to insert some data to database. So, I made the application ordered EAI engine to start the process. I've created a very simple adapter, but until now, I failed to make the engine create the process. If it is succeeded, the session should have been listed in IIS console, right? But I don't see any, except for the proxy's session.

I hope someone can help me here. Thank you very much.
        • 1. Re: First time user
          Hi,

In forte root
          C:\forte\install\examples\conductr\ucc, there is a project for create workflows. I believe this can help you.

Hector Triana
          hjtriana@yahoo.com
          • 2. Re: First time user
            Thx ..

I've used the UCC to test my process deffinition and it runs well, but when I tried to run it from a simple external application, it fails. It doesn't even succeed to create a session. I've configured the proxies, stylesheet, and I make my external application become the process starter by sending the xml command through a determined port. I don't know what I have missed, here .. :( .
            • 3. Re: First time user
              Let me see the log error, so perhaps I could help you.
              • 4. Re: First time user
                Thx a lot ...

Which one ? This one? This the log file of the proxy.
                ------------------------------------------------------------------------
                Process ID 5084 (Native threading)

aud Mon Oct 20 14:47:57 : Log file continued from d:\sun1\uds5018\log\forte_ex_5084.log.
                20-Oct-2003 14:47:57: : Starting Proxy.
                Proxy Configuration:
                Name: proxy_in
                Backbone Name: PLSQL_test
                Node: DEMPO
                Version: FN3.0.10
                StartTime: 20-Oct-2003 14:47:57
                ProcessEngine: ceengine
                User: any
                Roles: PLSQLSenderMsg, ProcessStarter
                Http Server Port: 12669
                Partner Address: (1) http://<my_ip>:12700/
                Rules:
                Application to System: xslInbound
                System to Application: xslOutbound

20-Oct-2003 14:47:57: : Proxy PLSQL_test:proxy_in NLM Startup Information:
                     Locale is "en_us.win"
                     CodeSetId is "769"
                20-Oct-2003 14:47:57: : Proxy proxy_in of backbone PLSQL_test has completed startup.
                20-Oct-2003 14:47:57: : Process Engine Session: Check engine connection every 5 seconds. If connection lost, retry 120 times, waiting 3 seconds between attempts.
                20-Oct-2003 14:47:57: : IBReciever: Advertising with optionString "port = 12669, instances = 2, timeout = 30"
                20-Oct-2003 14:47:57: : Proxy PLSQL_test:proxy_in -- Startup Completed. Status now RUNNING.
                • 5. Re: First time user
                  Thx a lot ...

Which one ? This one? This the log file of the proxy.
                  ------------------------------------------------------------------------

aud Mon Oct 20 14:47:57 : Log file continued from d:\sun1\uds5018\log\forte_ex_5084.log.
                  Proxy Configuration:
                  Rules:

20-Oct-2003 14:47:57: : Proxy PLSQL_test:proxy_in NLM Startup Information:
                       Locale is "en_us.win"
                       CodeSetId is "769"
                  20-Oct-2003 14:47:57: : Proxy proxy_in of backbone PLSQL_test has completed startup.
                  20-Oct-2003 14:47:57: : Process Engine Session: Check engine connection every 5 seconds. If connection lost, retry 120 times, waiting 3 seconds between attempts.
                  20-Oct-2003 14:47:57: : IBReciever: Advertising with optionString "port = 12669, instances = 2, timeout = 30"
                  20-Oct-2003 14:47:57: : Proxy PLSQL_test:proxy_in -- Startup Completed. Status now RUNNING.
                  • 6. Re: First time user
                    Sorry, I mean :

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Proxy Configuration:
                    Rules:

20-Oct-2003 14:47:57: : Proxy PLSQL_test: proxy_in NLM Startup Information:
                         Locale is "en_us.win"
                         CodeSetId is "769"
                    20-Oct-2003 14:47:57: : Proxy PLSQL_test: proxy_in -- Startup Completed. Status now RUNNING.
                    • 7. Re: First time user
                      Could you send me The file log of the engine: tha is the wfenginexxxxx.log and the file log of the proxy which must create the process instannce.

You can too, configurate the log flags for the proxy for monoring ist behavior. It can be do for the econsole.

Bye
                      • 8. Re: First time user
                        Hi ..
                        Sorry for the slow reply. Thx a lot for your helps.

I've checked the log files again, and I found and error in the proxy's log. It says :
                        "SYSTEM ERROR: Exception (of type XML parse error: no element found
                        Error detected at line 1, column 0 in entity with
                        systemId = "file://(memorystream)" publicId = "") encountered running
                        rules engine."

I found some errors in my XML and XSL stylesheets, but I've made some changes and they should be fine right now. I've checked them with XML Spy and it says that it is okay, but the error in the log file still hasn't changed.

Do you have any ideas about what have I missed here? Do you think you still need to see the log files?

Thx a lot.
                        • 9. Re: First time user
                          can you confirm that in your rule out have the following block:

<xsl:template match="/FNState/FNCndState[@State='ProcessStarted']">
                               <FNAplCommand Command="SendResponse" Method="Post">
                                    <FNMessage>
                                         <OrderEntered>
                                              <xsl:apply-templates/>
                                         </OrderEntered>
                                    </FNMessage>
                               </FNAplCommand>
                          </xsl:template>
                          • 10. Re: First time user
                            Well, I found errors in my xsltstylesheet. It's fixed now, thx to everyone for the suggestions. But I still can not connect with external application.

Dunno. I'm trying to run the sample of C adapter. I really thx for all your help. I hope you guys are not tired reading my questions.