This discussion is archived
9 Replies Latest reply: May 28, 2009 11:22 PM by 807581 RSS

Running UDS 5.2.31 on windows 2003

807581 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
We installed UDS 5.2.31 on windows 2003 (server) and UDS 5.2.31 on client and tried to run the app.
I get the following exceptions(mentioned below). Also the app distribution is not installed under D:\UDS5231\userapp\ - directory. - Any idea as to what could be causing this exception and preventing the app from running? any reply to this is greatly appreciated. thanks.

ERROR: TMgr.RunThread: task user terminated -escaped exception:

SYSTEM ERROR: Unable to complete operation on Repository
(d:\UDS5231\sysdata\envrepos\ee1sysj0)
Class: qqsp_ImplementationException
Detected at: qqrp_Repository::Fetch
Error Time: Wed Mar 19 14:43:31

WARNING: Error attempting to read repository record (64,0,65785); record does
not exist! (RecordSize = -1).
Class: qqsp_ImplementationException
Detected at: qqrp_Repository::ReadBlob
Error Time: Wed Mar 19 14:43:31

USER ERROR: The current node has no node manager. Therefore, it is not
possible to run the requested assigned applet or application.
Class: qqsp_UsageException
Detected at: LaunchMgr.RunApplet
Last TOOL statement: method LaunchMgr.RunApplet
  • 1. Re: Running UDS 5.2.31 on windows 2003
    807581 Newbie
    I am not sure if UDS client can run on Windows 2003. Try installing the client on XP and then connecting to the UDS server on Win 2003.

Here is the release Matrix: http://docs.sun.com/source/819-4095-10/index.html

ka
  • 2. Re: Running UDS 5.2.31 on windows 2003
    807581 Newbie
    thank you kamran for your reply. Actually iam running the client on windows XP only. On running the app, the distribution should install under the directory D:\UDS5231\userapp\. but is not happening. The .btd and .btx files do get installed under the directory D:\UDS5231\sysdata\envrepos but for some reason the app distribution is not happening. Thanks.
  • 3. Re: Running UDS 5.2.31 on windows 2003
    807581 Newbie
    Looks to me as you are trying to run a Fort� client against an incompatible Fort� server partition.

Couple of questions to try to help you out.

1)Did you by any chance exported a workspace without keeping the ids?
    If so the IDs of the same class differ on the server and the client hence the attempt to find the SO/proxy fails. Redo an export from fscript by specifying ids ExportWorkspace <file_name> ids

2)Updated from a previous version of Fort�

3)Made a fresh install and then copied across some already compiled (.btd)

Try to start the app client using the ftexec -fi bt:{path to your btd client} -fns w.x.y.z:port that may give you some more valuable info than going thru the launch server.

If you can, shut down the environment(clients, devrepos, nodemgr ... etc ), rename the ee1sysj0.btd file, restart nodemgr, repos server and reinstall the app partitions thru the eConsole, you'd have to recreate any resource (DB connection & else)

If none of the above can you make a walkthru of the Fort� & App installs and specify the nodes and partitions on those nodes (don't care about the real names).

I don't see any reason why this should not work.
  • 4. Re: Running UDS 5.2.31 on windows 2003
    807581 Newbie
    Thank you for your response. I will try out as suggested and post the outcome.
  • 5. Re: Running UDS 5.2.31 on windows 2003
    807581 Newbie
    Does anyone know if Forte 4GL is compatiable with Windows Server 2003?

Any info would be really appreciated.
  • 6. Re: Running UDS 5.2.31 on windows 2003
    807581 Newbie
    Yes only the server side. Do not use it as a client.

Regards,
    ka
  • 7. Re: Running UDS 5.2.31 on windows 2003
    807581 Newbie
    Lame questions :
    What exact version of Forté are you referring to ?
    and What flavour of Win 2003 (32 or 64 bit) ?
  • 8. Re: Running UDS 5.2.31 on windows 2003
    807581 Newbie
    I'm running Forte 3.0.M.2 and Windows 2003 server 32bit. Here is a quick breakdown of the environement and the problem. I have remote machine on the west coast(Fullerton,CA) running Windows Server 2003 32 bit version along with the Forte Client 3.0.M.2. My backend is AIX 5.3 with DB2v8 and the Forte Client and App which located in Chicago.

When I communicate from the client which is on the west coast to my backend server in Chicago, I get errors that related to a date and time stamp issue. The date appears to be coming in the following format DD-M-YYYY. The forte application running on the backend expects to see the date in the following format YYYY-MM-DD. In troubleshooting, this problem I have found that when I set the timezone to Central Standard time on my remote machine I don't get the error. I would like to know is there something that could be done on the Windows Server 2003, Forte, or DB2 to correct this issue.

Any info is appreciated.
  • 9. Re: Running UDS 5.2.31 on windows 2003
    807581 Newbie
    Sorry I missed your last post on the application error and the whole DB2 v8 thingy.

The only thing that did not change in your environment is Forté, that leaves us with DB2 AIX & Win

Did you have a chance to look at the

http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg1JR21935

It looks to me it is the issue you are experiencing,
    Can you let me know what fixpak your on ;o)?

But since it seems to fix the issue to set both machines on the same time zone that may not be the case ... it leaves Windows or AIX so connect to the new backend (AIX 5.3) with a NT 2000 machine and you may have an answer as where is the issue.

Cheers

from IBM ... it says

Problem conclusion

Problem was first fixed in Version 8.1 (I know it says 8.1 but IBM have got some weird ways with numbering eg. DB2 UDB Version 8.1 FixPak 11 (also known as Version 8.2 FixPak 4))
    FixPak 11 (s060120).

Temporary fix

Modify the .NET appication to format the DateTime
    value to the
    'YYYY-MM-DD' string as follows:
    cmd.Parameters("@C1").Value = Now
    -> cmd.Parameters("@C1").Value = Format(Now(),
    "YYYY-MM-DD")