This discussion is archived
5 Replies Latest reply: Mar 30, 2008 12:35 PM by 807581 RSS

Sun Application server installation problem

807581 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi every one,
recently I've upgrade the jdk1.5 to jdk1.6. Before that I have uninstall the Application server too. All my programs are OK with jdk1.6. But I can't install back Application server. When I clicked this "java_ee_sdk-5_02-windows.exe" it starts on the 'Select installation directory' step it's frizzing and nothing going un. I'm using XP pro.
Please any help there will be appreciated to fix this problem.
farad
  • 1. Re: Sun Application server installation problem
    807581 Newbie
    Hi,
    I am having the same problem. It all started when I uninstalled the Sun Server. Now I get to the setup page with the directory, but after clicking on next all the buttons become inactive except for the Browse button on the directory.
    Bob
  • 2. Re: Sun Application server installation problem
    807581 Newbie
    Hi guys,

I came across the same problem. I've already had Sun App Server 9 + Java SDK bundle installed, then I've downloaded and installed NetBeans5.5.1+Sun App Server 9 bundle, but I picked a different directory for the App Server that came with NetBeans. NetBeans picked up both instances of the App Server, but wasn't able to start it from the IDE. So, I've uninstalled both instances. All attempts to reinstall Sun App Server 9 and Java SDK pack have failed similarly to what has been described above. ie. installation process would get to the point where it wants you to select the installation directory then freezes.

However, I was able to install Sun App Server 9 stand alone component (sjsas_pe-9_0_01-p01-windows.exe).

So, perhaps you could try installing Java SDK and Sun App Sever separately.

Cheers!
  • 3. Re: Sun Application server installation problem
    807581 Newbie
    I tried ALL of the above and i still face the problem. I initially had both jdk 6 and 5 installed, i tried installing the appserver 9 seperately and the problem started. i unistalled jdk 6 thinking maybe the installer was becoming confused or something, still no luck. i'm going to try and unistall jdk5, reinstall jdk 5 and then try installing it again. The creators of this should really look into this problem.
  • 4. Re: Sun Application server installation problem
    807581 Newbie
    Go to your windows\system32 folder and delete/rename files starting with productregistry. Restart installation and it should work. if it doesn't, open a command console and run the installer with the -console option.
  • 5. Re: Sun Application server installation problem
    807581 Newbie
    10x, musamusa!
    I have the same problem.

This worked for me. I removed files named:
    productregistry.access.tmp
    productregistry

and now everything is OK!