1 2 Previous Next 17 Replies Latest reply on Sep 19, 2008 9:40 PM by 807589

Calendar

I Need Help Making A Java Based Event Calendar I Am A Begginer So No Tough Stuff Please
        • 1. Re: Calendar
          If you could be a little more specific, that would be great. :)
          What functions do you want? and so on...
          • 2. Re: Calendar
            Just To Be Able To Add Tasks And Add Events

Event Ex. Band Practice @ 2:00
            Task Ex. Practice Instrument

P.S. Going To Bed At 8:30 In About 3 Minutes

Edited by: iRJ on Sep 18, 2008 6:27 PM
            • 3. Re: Calendar
              Why do you need to develop something that already exists fine? You're reinventing the square wheel.
              • 4. Re: Calendar
                h1. Cross-Post

Please do not cross-post questions in multiple forums. This will frustrate anyone who tries to help you only to find out later that the same answer was given hours ago in a cross-posted thread. For this reason, many volunteers here and at the other sites refuse to help repeat offenders.

Please read: [How To Ask Questions The Smart Way|http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html]
                • 5. Re: Calendar
                  Sorry I Wont Do It Again
                  • 6. Re: Calendar
                    I Want To Say That I Made It Myself It Will Be My First Java Project Other Than The Hello World App.
                    • 7. Re: Calendar
                      This is something you will have to learn by using the great internet :)

You know things you need to do: You have to get the current date, and you have to cross-check the notes you made if it is made for this date or not, then show it.
                      Shouldnt be too hard to figure out. How you want to save your notes is up to you. Try google it :)
                      • 8. Re: Calendar
                        iRJ wrote:
                        I Want To Say That I Made It Myself It Will Be My First Java Project Other Than The Hello World App.
                        Why Are You Using Title Case?
                        • 9. Re: Calendar
                          bad habbit

P.S. I Guess I Will Learn It Myself

Edited by: iRJ on Sep 18, 2008 6:36 PM
                          • 10. Re: Calendar
                            iRJ wrote:
                            bad habbit

P.S. I Guess I Will Learn It Myself

Edited by: iRJ on Sep 18, 2008 6:36 PM
                            Oh, ok.

So, if you want to say you made it yourself, then you'll need to make it yourself - so start! When you run into trouble or have specific questions, post the specific question here (with relevant code, using the "CODE" link up there to make it readable) and we'll try and help you through it.

Good Luck

Lee
                            • 11. Re: Calendar
                              I Was Just Looking for some source code to start with like a tip to start it maybe remeber my only project ive done is Hello World App

Edited by: iRJ on Sep 18, 2008 6:45 PM
                              • 12. Re: Calendar
                                iRJ wrote:
                                I Was Just Looking for some source code to start with like a tip to start it maybe remeber my only project ive done is Hello World App
                                Ah, so you don't want to write it yourself.
                                • 13. Re: Calendar
                                  Im a begginer so i dont know all the terms i only need source code becuase... never mind
                                  • 14. Re: Calendar
                                    iRJ wrote:
                                    Im a begginer so i dont know all the terms i only need source code becuase... never mind
                                    Beginner or not, the source code is what you create when you write something - so, if you want to write something, you're the one who creates the source code. If someone gives you the source code then you didn't write it, you compiled it - so if that's what you're looking for ok, but you are the one who said "Want To Say That I Made It Myself" - so if that's still your goal, I would get to writing!
                                    1 2 Previous Next