10 Replies Latest reply: Sep 15, 2008 6:42 AM by 807589 RSS

velocity tutorial

Hi all, I want any effective velocity tutorial.
      any link if you please?
      Thanks.
        • 1. Re: velocity tutorial
          No idea. I was going to google for velocity tutorial and expect about 1,150,000 hits on the subject, but obviously you've already tried that so I won't bother
          • 2. Re: velocity tutorial
            Hi all, I want any effective velocity tutorial.
            any link if you please?
            Thanks.
            I want a crocodile and make it snappy!
            • 3. Re: velocity tutorial
              Thanks for reply.
              I have googled it, so I said "an effective..."
              I want to understand how Velocity works in details because of I will extend an already existing project based on velocity.
              Thanks.
              • 4. Re: velocity tutorial
                Thanks for reply.
                I have googled it, so I said "an effective..."
                I want to understand how Velocity works in details
                because of I will extend an already existing project
                based on velocity.
                Thanks.
                That's a physics question, not a java question. Here's the search I did: http://www.google.com/search?q=velocity+physics+tutorial The results seemed pretty good to me. If they aren't "effective" enough for you, why don't you explain what's so "ineffective" about them.
                • 5. Re: velocity tutorial
                  The reason he asked for an effective tutorial is because--obviously you did not look--the existing ones are fragmentary and incomplete, including everyone on Apache's Velocity site. I spent several hours in vain last night looking for just such an animal. I'm writing this two years later and it remains the case.
                  If your only intent is to offer sarcasm then just go to slashdot where it's expected. Here, we're just looking for useful information, okay?
                  • 6. Re: velocity tutorial
                    T123 wrote:
                    The reason he asked for an effective tutorial is because--obviously you did not look--
                    If this were an intelligence test, I'm afraid you just flunked. Who else would respond to a thread that's over a year old and think that anyone here cares?
                    • 7. Re: velocity tutorial
                      When I once met Velocity, found it immediately a good thing, and we have been using Velocity in several projects like electronic banking and the like ever since. The provided documentation was sufficient for us.
                      • 8. Re: velocity tutorial
                        Velocity is the ratio between distance and time or v = d / t.
                        • 9. Re: velocity tutorial
                          Yes and Java is coffee.
                          • 10. Re: velocity tutorial
                            Velocity was a contestant on "Who wants to be a Super Hero". Stan got rid of him because of his inability to keep up with the forum.