1 Reply Latest reply: Sep 5, 2008 9:29 PM by 807589 RSS

byte[] to sql and digital persona

Hi,

I'm currently working on a project that deals with Biometrics. I am using Digital Persona's Gold SDK.

I'm trying to store the fingerprint which is in byte[] to a SQL database. Any idea on what data type to use?
      I tried to use Blob on MySQL and it stores fine but when I retrieve data from the SQL and pass it to the fingerprint matching function mc_match(), It gives me an error of NullPointerException.

By the way, the matching function mc_match() is native. So I don't really know what goes on in there.

I have a copy of the .jar file of the SDK which contains the classes. It's free already so don't worry about copyrights etc.
      You can use a java decompiler to see the classes.

[Jar SDK|http://poy.byethost24.com/jsdk.jar]

The matching function mc_match() is found at the DpFpTemplateMatching class.
        • 1. Re: byte[] to sql and digital persona
          p0y wrote:
          It gives me an error of NullPointerException.
          Do you actually understand when this exception would occur? If would occur if you access or invoke an object reference which is actually null.

E.g.
          SomeObject someObject = null;
          someObject.doSomething(); // Throws NPE.
          Read the stacktrace of the exception, find the line where this is been thrown and fix the code accordingly.