11 Replies Latest reply: Feb 5, 2008 1:23 PM by 807603 RSS

JNS - Java Network Simulator

Hi all I am working on my final year Project " Designing Security Protocole for sensor network" I have designed an algorithm which identify and detect a compromised node in the sensor network.. to test my algorithm and develope I searched a simulator called JNS I have down loaded it on my machine and trying to figure out to make it work or do a default test on it... can any1 help me this please!!!!!!! I would be warmly welcome your ideas and help I am very thankful in advance....
        • 1. Re: JNS - Java Network Simulator
          Sana_Ullah_Khalil wrote:
          Hi all I am working on my final year Project " Designing Security Protocole for sensor network" I have designed an algorithm which identify and detect a compromised node in the sensor network.. to test my algorithm and develope I searched a simulator called JNS I have down loaded it on my machine and trying to figure out to make it work or do a default test on it... can any1 help me this please!!!!!!! I would be warmly welcome your ideas and help I am very thankful in advance....
          What's the question ?
          If it's I just downloaded this thing and have no idea how to use it so teach me you are in the wrong place.
          • 2. Re: JNS - Java Network Simulator
            don't they have demos w/ source code?
            • 3. Re: JNS - Java Network Simulator
              its actually have everything and I am trying to complie all the source code but I am getting errors like
              Recompile with Xlint:Unchecked for details...can not find symbols...etc....
              • 4. Re: JNS - Java Network Simulator
                the question is I am not able to compile the source files I am getting errors everytime I do compile errors like
                Recompile with Xlin:unchecked with details... symbol not found..etc..
                • 5. Re: JNS - Java Network Simulator
                  DrClap
                  So this is your final year project, and you've just started with Java programming? Okay. The message you sort of mentioned there usually means your classpath isn't set up correctly when you compiled the code.

In future it would help if you provided details. The exact message, not a bad copy of it. And the code that the message is referring to.

Although I have to say, if you haven't ever programmed in Java before then trying to work with somebody else's code which you downloaded is going to be challenging. Good thing you have a whole year to work on it. But you might consider waiting until you have a little more experience with Java before diving right into this project. Good luck.
                  • 6. Re: JNS - Java Network Simulator
                    DrClap wrote:
                    So this is your final year project, and you've just started with Java programming? Okay. The message you sort of mentioned there usually means your classpath isn't set up correctly when you compiled the code.

In future it would help if you provided details. The exact message, not a bad copy of it. And the code that the message is referring to.

Although I have to say, if you haven't ever programmed in Java before then trying to work with somebody else's code which you downloaded is going to be challenging. Good thing you have a whole year to work on it. But you might consider waiting until you have a little more experience with Java before diving right into this project. Good luck.
                    Not to mention a network simulator is very advanced for a (not even) junior level programmer.

Edited by: wpafbuser1 on Feb 5, 2008 1:17 PM
                    • 7. Re: JNS - Java Network Simulator
                      I Know java I have done it before I believe few days of bit practice will keep me on track ... and from your reply i think its my class path and I am trying to figure out......
                      • 8. Re: JNS - Java Network Simulator
                        I would appreciate if i could get some help sorting the class path..... and in the error messages it is not recognizing the packages in the files thats why I get many errors.....
                        • 9. Re: JNS - Java Network Simulator
                          You're not getting it. The classpath is just about the first thing you learn in Java. Just posting a classpath issue (for the most part) on these forums shows you don't understand much (if anything) about Java. I'm not trying to be rude, just trying to bring you back to reality. It will take months if not years to get up to speed, not days.
                          • 10. Re: JNS - Java Network Simulator
                            Sana_Ullah_Khalil wrote:
                            I would appreciate if i could get some help sorting the class path..... and in the error messages it is not recognizing the packages in the files thats why I get many errors.....
                            Do you even read the replies you get ??

NOTE: (emphasis mine)
                            • 11. Re: JNS - Java Network Simulator
                              Sana_Ullah_Khalil wrote:
                              I Know java I have done it before I believe few days of bit practice will keep me on track
                              No, it won't. It's going to take months or years before you can attempt this with any degree of confidence.
                              ... and from your reply i think its my class path and I am trying to figure out......
                              This is my point, setting the classpath is just about the first thing you learn to do in Java. In other words, you posting a classpath issue shows us you know next to nothing about Java. I'm not trying to be rude, just trying to bring you back to reality.