6 Replies Latest reply: Jan 17, 2008 4:33 AM by masijade RSS

LDAP for Linux

Hi All,
      I have 3 questions regarding LDAP on linux.
      1. How can we start LDAP(OpenLdap) on linux machine?
      2. How can we check LDAP is started or not ?
      3. How can we uninstall Ldap on linux?
      If any body have any solution for that , could please share with me?
      It's very very urgent.please send your feedback. Ihope I'll get response very soon

Regards
      Pattanaik
        • 1. Re: LDAP for Linux
          masijade
          pattanaikhr wrote:
          If any body have any solution for that , could please share with me?
          Yeah, ask on a different forum. A java forum is not the place to get advice about OpenLDAP. Find, at least, a Linux forum.
          • 2. Re: LDAP for Linux
            I know it's java forum. and also I'm working on java , But I know those are Java developers they know how can do this. Please anybody have solution share with me
            regds
            pattanaik
            • 3. Re: LDAP for Linux
              A quick searh using Google for Linux+OpenLDAP seems to produce some promising results
              • 4. Re: LDAP for Linux
                masijade
                pattanaikhr wrote:
                I know it's java forum. and also I'm working on java , But I know those are Java developers they know how can do this. Please anybody have solution share with me
                regds
                pattanaik
                Well, my car died on me this morning. You drive a car so, can you tell me how to fix it?
                • 5. Re: LDAP for Linux
                  If you don't know , simply tell you don't know.Please don't coloring this forum. I've some hope over this forum so that's why I have posted my questions here.
                  • 6. Re: LDAP for Linux
                    masijade
                    pattanaikhr wrote:
                    If you don't know , simply tell you don't know.Please don't coloring this forum.
                    I'm sorry (no I'm not), but, you can't tell me what to post. And telling you that this was the wrong forum for your post, and providing you with another example of how it was wrong, is perfectly applicable.
                    I've some hope over this forum so that's why I have posted my questions here.
                    And? I have a lot of "hope" for this forum, too. But, I don't expect to get applicable, informed answers on topics that have nothing to do with the advertised purpose of the forum.

IOW, if you want relevant, quality answers to a question, post it in the right place, and this isn't it.