This discussion is archived
5 Replies Latest reply: Nov 19, 2007 11:42 PM by 807603 RSS

Problem to connect RAC database JDBC

807603 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi all,

I am facing a problem when i connected to RAC (Oracle 10g) database by JDBC in applet.Error: The Network adapter could not establish the connection.
I use the following connection String:

DriverManager.getConnection("jdbc:oracle:thin:@(DESCRIPTION =(ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = 192.168.0.212)(PORT = 1521))(ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = 192.168.0.213)(PORT = 1521))(LOAD_BALANCE = yes)(CONNECT_DATA = (SERVER = DEDICATED)(SERVICE_NAME = TIGER)(FAILOVER_MODE =(TYPE = SELECT)(METHOD = BASIC)(RETRIES = 180)(DELAY = 5))))","dev","dev");

I have ping those IP. its ok also i have checked in Frame. its connect smoothly.. But, why this problem happened in Applet...

Please help me..
Thank yoy
  • 1. Re: Problem to connect RAC database JDBC
    masijade Explorer
    An applet, per default security policies, can only connect back to the IP address from which it originated (and, if you are running over a proxy, there is a good chance that this won't work either). So, unless the DB exists on the same machine as the web service, this is a no go.

If you wish to connect to a different address with an applet, a signed jar/applet may do the trick, otherwise, the user on the client machine must alter their security policy. Bad idea for them to do this, and very bad idea for your application (applet) to rely on this being, or having been, done.
  • 2. Re: Problem to connect RAC database JDBC
    807603 Newbie
    Many many thanks to your reply.
    I have signed this jar. Its connect on my local network. But when i connect through VPN Router over Internet, then this exception raised. As my application will be connect through VPN router over Internet, so i can't change the policy file manually..Is there any way to do this...
    Please help me...

Thank you again
  • 3. Re: Problem to connect RAC database JDBC
    masijade Explorer
    Okay, what's the scenario?

I can only assume you have a laptop, and when you are in the office, you can use this applet, on this laptop, but from home (or some other remote location) and you connect using VPN, then you cannot, right?

Then this this is a VPN issue, ask your network administrators about it.
  • 4. Re: Problem to connect RAC database JDBC
    807603 Newbie
    Thank you again..

Ya, you are right.. Its may be VPN Issue. But, VPN is configured smoothly. All firewall protection is disabled in VPN..
    What i can i please help...

Thank you
  • 5. Re: Problem to connect RAC database JDBC
    807603 Newbie
    Hi all..
    I have stopped the all firewall in VPN and now my applet is run through VPN but new problem arise that is sometimes its connected to database and sometimes its not. Error massage is same: The network adapter could not establish the connection. I am continuously ping my network.. its ok. No problem in Internet connection.

I have tried a lot in several way but can't find out why this happened..

Please help me.