3 Replies Latest reply: Oct 5, 2007 3:46 PM by 807605 RSS

Regarding Csv files...........................................

Hi all,

I need a small help. I am a novice to java. I have a requirement to read a csv file and write into another csv file. I have used ostermiller API for java. I am unable to read this file because i have some unwanted data in the first four lines. I do not know how to delete programattically.After deleting manually also i am unable to read the csv file. so i saved the csv file as .csv(Macintosh) format then i am able to read the file using ostermiller API. How to change the csv unicode format to csv(Macintosh) format programattically? . Is there any third party API other than ostermiller ?
        • 1. Re: Regarding Csv files...........................................
          I need a small help. I am a novice to
          java. I have a requirement to read a csv file and
          write into another csv file. I have used ostermiller
          API for java. I am unable to read this file because i
          have some unwanted data in the first four lines. I do
          not know how to delete programattically.After
          Neither do we because we don't know how that Ostermiller stuff works. Maybe you ask whoever provides support for it.

Maybe if you hand it a buffered reader as input, you could "manually" readLine() the first few lines and then pass it what's left. Or you write the valid data into a temporary file and process that.
          • 2. Re: Regarding Csv files...........................................
            http://forum.java.sun.com/thread.jspa?threadID=5154425&messageID=9857769#9857769
            • 3. Re: Regarding Csv files...........................................
              CeciNEstPasUnProgrammeur wrote:
              Maybe if you hand it a buffered reader as input, you could "manually" readLine() the first few lines and then pass it what's left. Or you write the valid data into a temporary file and process that.
              This is an example of a trend these days of seeking outside classes to do things that a little bit of manual programing could do. It seems that programmers are becoming robots looking for black boxes to do their tasks rather than doing their own programming.

Chris