Excel 2010 is not compatible with Smartview 18.104.22.168 person found this helpful
You may check - http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/middleware/bi-foundation/oracle-hyperion-epm-system-certific-131801.xls
I knew someone would say that <grin>
Anyways, we are using that combination with some success. It just this one user that was using it for a few hours, then his Smartview tab suddenly disappears!!
Jasmine, I believe users of Smartview 11.1.2 in Excel 2007 has this same problem of "disappearing" Smartview tab. How do you fix that?
If the add-in does not show up in the disabled list,
1. Copy the HsAddIn.dll, HsSpread.dll, HyperionSmartTag.dll and HsTbar.xla from the bin folder Path : \Hyperion\SmartView\bin
2. Paste these files into the AddIns folder Path : C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Application Data\Microsoft\AddIns
Note : You have to create a AddIns folder for that user.
3. Start > Run > cmd > regsvr32 /u %Hyperion Home%\SmartView\bin\HsAddIn.dll to de-register (run for each of the *.dll files for where-ever they are)
4. Start > Run > cmd > regsvr32 "C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Application Data\Microsoft\AddInsHsAddIn.dll" to register (run for each of the *.dll files)
Note: You should have admin access to the machine in order to register the dll files.
I knew you have the answer in your pocket or somewhere in your notes <grin>.
I know how busy you are so I appreciate your taking time to answer my question.
I will now open this as a case in Oracle and ask that it be assigned to you. I want to make sure you are given credit.
Thank you David!
Jasmine - new case is SR 3-2301104021: pleaes grab and close it.
Please note that the 'solution' of copying files to the Addins folder is NOT recommended. You will probably cause more issues or store up problems for the future, such as when you upgrade the SmartView client. Believe me -- we get a lot of calls into Support caused by people doing this. It can cause:
- loss of functionality owing to mixed file versions
- the full path to HsTBar.xla to appear in front of SmartView functions
- DLL hell when it comes to upgrading.
Please check your system for duplicate copies of HsTBar.xla and HsAddin.dll and remove all but the ones in the correct SmartView installation folder. Also delete any duplicates of the other SmartView DLLs. Then re-register the DLLs in the SmartView\bin folder according to Jasmine's instructions. Note that you must be logged into your PC as a Power User or Administrator to do this. You should get a 'success' message for each DLL you register. Alternatively, uninstall SmartView, search for any remaining SmartView files (HsTBar.xla, HsAddin.dll) anywhere on the hard drive and delete them, then re-install.
If you still get problems, log a support call.
Edited by: user807652 on Feb 17, 2011 4:28 AM
I will add extra info :
For the version 22.214.171.124 of Smart View you need Microsoft Office 2010 (32-bit only on 32 or 64-bit Operating Systems.). You can find this in the Certification Matrix.
I solve my problem installing Excel 32 bits.
And I agree with the last comment, the solution gives more problem. I can say that because I had these problems