8 Replies Latest reply on Nov 9, 2010 5:44 PM by rui_catcuddler

Oracle 11gR2 OCR/Voting Disk Corrupted - No Backup

MR139
      Our ASM Disk which has OCR & Voting disk got corrupted, and we don’t have backup of Voting disk we are using external redundancy. Now how to recreate Voting Disk, we followed ID 399482.1, it didn't not help us,

hublhp1:/app/oracle/grid/product/11.2.0/crs/utl/# *./rootdelete.sh*
      2010-11-08 18:04:55: Parsing the host name
      2010-11-08 18:04:55: Checking for super user privileges
      2010-11-08 18:04:55: User has super user privileges
      Using configuration parameter file: ./crsconfig_params
      Oracle Clusterware stack is not active on this node
      Restart the clusterware stack (use /app/oracle/grid/product/11.2.0/bin/crsctl start crs) and retry
      Failed to verify resources

Even after restarting CRS and rerunning the same command (rootdelete.sh) is giving same error.

Can some one help me how to recreate the Voting Disk and recover the Cluster environment.
        • 1. Re: Oracle 11gR2 OCR/Voting Disk Corrupted - No Backup
          BelMan
          Hi,

Oracle Clusterware automatically creates OCR backups every 4 hours. At any one time, Oracle Clusterware always retains the latest 3 backup copies of the OCR that are 4 hours old, 1 day old, and 1 week old.

see this link
          http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/B28359_01/rac.111/b28252/adminoc.htm#BJFJAJCI
          • 2. Re: Oracle 11gR2 OCR/Voting Disk Corrupted - No Backup
            MR139
            Yes, Clusterware we can recover that backup, but the main proble is with Voting Disk, How to recreate Voting Disk.
            • 3. Re: Oracle 11gR2 OCR/Voting Disk Corrupted - No Backup
              Rajesh Lathwal
              I would suggest to open SR with Oracle.

Because in case of all voting disks , you might have to reinstall CRS .

Also check :

http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/B28359_01/rac.111/b28252/adminoc.htm#BJFFFEFB

Regards
              Rajesh
              • 4. Re: Oracle 11gR2 OCR/Voting Disk Corrupted - No Backup
                Aman....
                If you have lost the last copy of the voting disk , I believe you are in bad situation. You would require to reinstall the CRS. I would suggest the same what's already mentioned, you should include to support to work with you.

Aman....
                • 5. Re: Oracle 11gR2 OCR/Voting Disk Corrupted - No Backup
                  MR139
                  I tried all these steps, I was not able to recover the voting disk, I think I have re-install the clusterware, Can someone tell me how to reinstall the clusterware without affecting the RDBMS and how to bring up the database again.
                  • 6. Re: Oracle 11gR2 OCR/Voting Disk Corrupted - No Backup
                    MR139
                    I tried the Metalink Doc 1062983.1, I got the following error on 7th step,

hublhp1:/app/oracle/grid/product/11.2.0/bin# *./crsctl query css votedisk*
                    Located 0 voting disk(s).

hublhp1:/app/oracle/grid/product/11.2.0/bin# *./crsctl replace votedisk +ASMCRSDG1*
                    Failed to create voting files on disk group ASMCRSDG1.
                    Change to configuration failed, but was successfully rolled back.
                    CRS-4000: Command Replace failed, or completed with errors.

And we tried with NFS drive,

hublhp1:/app/oracle/grid/product/11.2.0/bin# *./crsctl replace votedisk /oraback/ORACLE*
                    Now formatting voting disk: /oraback/ORACLE.
                    clsscfg_vhcreate: scls_block_open failed to open (/oraback/ORACLE), sclsret(1)
                    Printing slos info with Null compid
                    clsscfg_vcreate: unable to create/open /oraback/ORACLE
                    Internal error: lsfpv returned error code -10.
                    Change to configuration failed, but was successfully rolled back.
                    CRS-4000: Command Replace failed, or completed with errors.

hublhp1:/app/oracle/grid/product/11.2.0/bin# *./crsctl add css votedisk +ASMCRSDG1*
                    CRS-4671: This command is not supported for ASM diskgroups.
                    CRS-4000: Command Add failed, or completed with errors.

hublhp1:/app/oracle/grid/product/11.2.0/bin# *./crsctl add css votedisk /oraback/ORACLE*
                    CRS-4258: Addition and deletion of voting files are not allowed because the voting files are on ASM
                    • 7. Re: Oracle 11gR2 OCR/Voting Disk Corrupted - No Backup
                      Hello,
                      What is size for the file /oraback/ORACLE ?
                      Are you able to write to this file ?
                      Try to use dd command to check it as example.

Gleb
                      • 8. Re: Oracle 11gR2 OCR/Voting Disk Corrupted - No Backup
                        rui_catcuddler
                        did you look in the crs log to determine the exact nature of the error?

$GRID_HOME/log/$HOST/client/crsctl.log

$GRID_HOME/cfgtoollogs/crsconfig/rootcrs_$HOSTNAME.log

paste here so the rest can see the precise error.

and paste here the contents of */etc/oracle/ocr.loc* as well... maybe a mismatch in the diskgroup name.

Edited by: rui_catcuddler on Nov 9, 2010 9:44 AM