This content has been marked as final. Show 5 replies
Your question is can multiple repositories run on BI server??
YES,go through this link 6th page http://www.biconsultinggroup.com/images/VideoAlbum/BICGWhite_Paper-OBIEE_11g_FAQs.pdf_
Play around with it by starting at some point,still dint put my hand on it.
Hope it answers your question.
I have set up 2 different RPDs in OBI 11g.
My configuration is:
* 1 BI server
* 2 Presentation Servers
* 2 Web applications, that point to the different presentation servers.
1. I have set up the 2 repositories (RPD files) in the NQSConfig.ini, as it used to be.
2. Then the ODBC connection to comunicate the new repository with the presentation server, with the driver that is setup during OBI 11g installation.
3. On the other hand, I do a vertical scale out of the Presentation server, PS, so I say I want two Presentation servers in the Enterprise Manager -> Business Intelligence -> coreapplication -> Capacity Management -> Scalability.
4. Then I have other Presentation server runnning and listening on the port 9702 (instead of the normal 9710), the port number taken during scaling can vary for you.
This creates a duplication (copy) of directories for the other PS.
5. Then I set up there in the instanceconfig.xml for this new PS that it has to use the DSN ODBC connection set up in the step 2. And that my catalog path is the one I am going to set up in the next step.
6. I copy the web catalog for the second repository to new directories (created during step 4).
7. Finally I deploy analytics.ear again. That's how I got the different path to access the two Analytics at the same time. I took the analytics.ear Enterprise Application deployment file, I uncompressed, I changed the ports in the web.xml file for both ananlytics.war and analytics-ws.war I renamed all of them. and I created a new analytics2.ear file.
Then I deployed it in the Weblogic Administration Console, bifoundation_domain -> Deployments. Summary of deployments -> Control -> Install.
Probably there are more ways to have multiple RPDs in one installation. But I did this. Let me know how it works for you.