6 Replies Latest reply: Mar 22, 2012 8:34 PM by viveksingh RSS

Contracts open interface in R12?

Hi,

In past(11.5.9) we've used APIs for interfacing legacy contracts. Now that we're on R12.1.1, I was wondering if there exists an open interface for Contracts.

TIA
      Alka
        • 1. Re: Contracts open interface in R12?
          Sandeep Gandhi, Consultant
          Have you checked for OKC_CONTRACT_PUB?
          • 2. Re: Contracts open interface in R12?
            Yes, in fact I've used it for creating warranties. But, while mostly I've been successful creating warranty contracts, there are times when I cannot find a coverage line (lse_id=15) for a warranty. Since these warranties do not carry dollar amount and are solely for the purpose of Preventive Maintenance and basic services on parts and equipment, it's not been a huge issue till now. I mean I can query the contract fine....it just shows up a little different...with some missing information....but no errors. Have you had this kind of issue where the coverage for contract is not created? Following are the APIs that I use, in sequence. I find it odd that for some warranties, I have all the information and for some others there's this line type and others(16 and 59) are missing. I would really appreciate if you could provide some insight into this issue.

Thanks & regards,
            Alka

oks_contracts_pub.create_contract_header(p_k_header_rec => l_contract_header_rec
            ,p_header_contacts_tbl => l_contact_tbl
            ,p_header_sales_crd_tbl => l_salescredits_tbl
            ,p_header_articles_tbl => l_articles_tbl
            ,x_chrid => x_chr_id
            ,x_return_status => x_return_status
            ,x_msg_count => x_msg_count
            ,x_msg_data => x_msg_data);

oks_contracts_pub.create_service_line(p_k_line_rec => l_contract_line_rec
            ,p_contact_tbl => l_contact_line_tbl
            ,p_line_sales_crd_tbl => l_salescredits_tbl
            ,x_service_line_id => x_usage_line_id

oks_contracts_pub.create_covered_line(p_k_covd_rec => l_cov_level_rec
            ,p_price_attribs => l_price_attribs_rec
            ,x_cp_line_id => x_cp_line_id
            • 3. Re: Contracts open interface in R12?
              FYI, I used the API approach to convert contracts and it's all done now.

Thank you!
              • 4. Re: Contracts open interface in R12?
                Parag Narkhede
                I am facing problem in contracts conversion.

Using my code, extra service lines are getting created and coverage_id is not populating in okc_k_items_b table.

Can you please share code with me at narkhede.parag@gmail.com?
                • 5. Re: Contracts open interface in R12?
                  Sanya
                  Hi, i need a help as m unable to create service contracts using API by passing hard coded values.

Can anyone tell me the mandatory parameters needed to create a service contract thru API?

reply soon

Edited by: 886799 on Sep 29, 2011 12:18 AM
                  • 6. Re: Contracts open interface in R12?
                    viveksingh
                    Hi I am facing same issue that Warranty getting created with Std Coverage not the ones on contract.I have to go explicitly to each Service Line and click Customize Buton.I want that whenever contract gets created it is created with its lse id=2 or 15 instead of standard Template displayed for contract.We want the same behaviour as in R11