6 Replies Latest reply: Nov 17, 2010 9:34 AM by CraigB RSS

WNFI trigger raises error when form run on 10.1.2.3 OAS against 11.1.0.7 DB

Harry H
      Hello All,

We are currently migrating application servers from 10G R1 (9.0.4) to 10G R2 (10.1.2.3).

The forms (and other apps) feed off an 11G R1 11.1.0.7 database ( Data Warehouse).

We have successfully migrated all our J2EE, Discoverer and reports applications.

In regards to forms, we have successfully migrated 20 out of our 22 forms applications.

2 of our forms applications do not want to behave. For some unknown reason, when the form initiates, it displays the canvas but instead of populating it
      with data, it returns a WNFI trigger error.

When I point the same form from the 10G R2 (10.1.2.3) app server back to a 10G R2 (10.2.0.3) Database, it works fine.

Oracle Support are currently looking into the issue, but I was hoping to maybe speak to anyone else who has experienced the same issue.

Has anyone experienced this "phenomena" before ?

Regards,
      Harry.
        • 1. Re: WNFI trigger raises error when form run on 10.1.2.3 OAS against 11.1.0.7 DB
          Hi Harry,

What is the error you are getting .. posting error code might help in identifying the problem better ..

There is one problem specific to 11 DB which I know. Its got to do with case sensitive username and password ..

look for these forms trying to or use anything like that or it might be using call_form/open_form with new session ..
          • 2. Re: WNFI trigger raises error when form run on 10.1.2.3 OAS against 11.1.0.7 DB
            Harry H
            Hi Forms11,

Thanks for your reply.

Point noted and we are aware of this issue.

The only thing here is, is that all our forms use the same userid/pwd, so I would expect all 22 forms to fail not just the 2, or am I overlooking something here!

I'll post the error shortly.

Regards,
            Harris
            • 3. Re: WNFI trigger raises error when form run on 10.1.2.3 OAS against 11.1.0.7 DB
              Harry H
              Hi All,

First of all, please let me apologise as my post heading is not correct....We are not dealing with a WNFI trigger issue here. With everything that has been happening over the last few days trying to get this form app to work, we had placed debugging steps and hashing of code to get it to the point to display the canvas.

I redeployed the orginal form to the new OAS and ran it (after compiling it).

The actual issue here is that it does not even display the canvas or hit the WNFI trigger, but fails with :

FRM-92101: There was a failure in the Forms Server during startup. This could happen due to invalid configuration. Please look into the web-server log file for details.

Forms Applet version is : 10.1.2.3
              oracle.forms.net.ConnectionException: Forms session <9> aborted: unable to communicate with runtime process.
                   at oracle.forms.net.ConnectionException.createConnectionException(Unknown Source)
                   at oracle.forms.net.HTTPNStream.getResponse(Unknown Source)
                   at oracle.forms.net.HTTPNStream.doFlush(Unknown Source)
                   at oracle.forms.net.HTTPNStream.flush(Unknown Source)
                   at java.io.DataOutputStream.flush(Unknown Source)
                   at oracle.forms.net.StreamMessageWriter.run(Unknown Source)
              java.io.EOFException
                   at java.io.DataInputStream.readUnsignedByte(Unknown Source)
                   at oracle.forms.engine.Message.readDetails(Unknown Source)
                   at oracle.forms.engine.Message.readDetails(Unknown Source)
                   at oracle.forms.net.StreamMessageReader.run(Unknown Source)

Once again, my apologies for misleading you all via the post heading.

Regards,
              Harry.
              • 4. Re: WNFI trigger raises error when form run on 10.1.2.3 OAS against 11.1.0.7 DB
                Hi Harry,

Do you have any libraries attached to these Forms. If yes then pls check if you have compiled it and have a copy in the working directory ..

This surely might be a pl/sql error ..
                • 5. Re: WNFI trigger raises error when form run on 10.1.2.3 OAS against 11.1.0.7 DB
                  user5322177
                  I have exactly the same problem with the same Java dump when trying to run an upgraded Oracle Forms 10.1.2.0.2 to 10.1.2.3 application within an OC4J container. All forms and libraries have been recompiled using the Forms 10.1.2.3 builder. The FORMS_PATH is set in the environment in which I'm trying to run the application. What did you do to resolve the issue? Thanks.
                  • 6. Re: WNFI trigger raises error when form run on 10.1.2.3 OAS against 11.1.0.7 DB
                    CraigB
                    Harry,
                    In my experience, the FRM-92101 error is typically caused by the failure to load a library. This can be caused by an incorrect working directory setup in the formsweb.cfg. I have also seen this caused by a form that utilizes WebUtil and the runtime can't find the WebUtil library files (typically a CLASSPATH issue in default.env or the [webutil] section of the formsweb.cfg is not configured correctly).

The fact that you are on Forms verison 10.1.2.3 implies you have access to My Oracle Support. If this is true, take a look at document *"Known Causes of FRM-92101 Error In Forms [ID 604633.1]"* as it listed many other possible causes of this common error.

Hope this helps,
                    Craig B-)

If someone's response is helpful or correct, please mark it accordingly.