7 Replies Latest reply: Aug 6, 2011 12:53 PM by Roger Ford-Oracle RSS

Changing logo image in search page

Ranou
      Hi Mr Roger Ford,

Would you please to help me.

I'm using SES 11.1.2 on SuSE Linux SLES 10.

I would like to change the logo image in search page.

I have followed step by step in:

http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/E14507_01/apirefs.1112/e14133/objects008.htm#BABGAHHE

http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/E14507_01/apirefs.1112/e14133/objects008.htm#sthref166

when I reach the step:

create skinBundle NAME=example INPUT_FILE=example.xml --ATTACHMENT_
      LIST=example.lst

I get error:

the attachment file "assets/images/example.gif" which path is "/scratch/skins/example/assets/images/example.gif" in the list file doesn't exist ( It is my translation from French)

I have created the directory:
      /opt/oracle/seshome/example/templates
      /opt/oracle/seshome/example/assets/images

/opt/oracle/seshome/scratch/skins

and i have put example.gif in the /opt/oracle/seshome/example/assets/images directory all the oter steps

I just would like to change only the OracleLogo.

PLEASE HELP ME.

Edited by: Ranou on Nov 18, 2010 9:23 PM
        • 1. Re: Changing logo image in search page
          Roger Ford-Oracle
          It sounds like your example.lst file points to

/scratch/skins/example/assets/images/example.gif

as copied directly from the example in the docs, whereas it should be changed to

/opt/oracle/seshome/example/assets/images/example.gif
          • 2. Re: Changing logo image in search page
            Ranou
            Thank you for your answer Mr Roger Ford.

my file example.lst becomes:

/opt/oracle/seshome/example/assets/images/example.gif::/scratch/skins/example/assets/images/example.gif
            /opt/oracle/seshome/example/assets/images/search.jpg::/scratch/skins/example/assets/images/search.jpg
            /opt/oracle/seshome/example/assets/images/rss.jpg::/scratch/skins/example/assets/images/rss.jpg
            /opt/oracle/seshome/example/templates/inc_footer.ftl::/scratch/skins/example/templates/inc_footer.ftl
            /opt/oracle/seshome/example/templates/inc_logo_querybox.ftl::/scratch/skins/example/templates/inc_logo_
            querybox.ftl
            /opt/oracle/seshome/example/templates/results.ftl::/scratch/skins/example/templates/results.ftl

And I have got the same error.

I have tryed a second file: example.lst as follows:

/opt/oracle/seshome/example/assets/images/example.gif::/opt/oracle/seshome/scratch/skins/example/assets/images/example.gif
            /opt/oracle/seshome/example/assets/images/search.jpg::/opt/oracle/seshome/scratch/skins/example/assets/images/search.jpg
            /opt/oracle/seshome/example/assets/images/rss.jpg::/opt/oracle/seshome/scratch/skins/example/assets/images/rss.jpg
            /opt/oracle/seshome/example/templates/inc_footer.ftl::/scratch/skins/example/templates/inc_footer.ftl
            /opt/oracle/seshome/example/templates/inc_logo_querybox.ftl::/opt/oracle/seshome/scratch/skins/example/templates/inc_logo_
            querybox.ftl
            /opt/oracle/seshome/example/templates/results.ftl::/opt/oracle/seshome/scratch/skins/example/templates/results.ftl

And I have got the same error too.

Would please to help me Mr Roger Ford.
            • 3. Re: Changing logo image in search page
              Roger Ford-Oracle
              The first part of example.lst is supposed to be a logical relative path, the second part is the physical path. I would expect the first line of your example.lst to look like:

assets/images/example.gif::/opt/oracle/seshome/example/assets/images/example.gif

and the corresponding line in example.xml would be

<search:file path="assets/images/example.gif"/>

If that still doesn't help, please post your example.xml, example.lst, the exact command you're entering, and the exact error message generated.
              • 4. Re: Changing logo image in search page
                Ranou
                Thank you Mr Roger Ford for your help, that's resolve the problem.

I would like to know also:
                How can the example skin bundle becomes as the default skin bundle.

Thank you.
                • 5. Re: Changing logo image in search page
                  Roger Ford-Oracle
                  In example.xml change

<search:isDefault>false</search:isDefault>

to

<search:isDefault>true</search:isDefault>
                  • 6. Re: Changing logo image in search page
                    how to convert paths on windows
                    • 7. Re: Changing logo image in search page
                      Roger Ford-Oracle
                      On Windows, your line in example.lst would look something like:

assets/images/example.gif::c:\oracle\seshome\example\assets\images\example.gif

The example.xml file would not change.