This discussion is archived
1 2 Previous Next 18 Replies Latest reply: Nov 23, 2010 6:31 PM by 817057 Go to original post RSS
  • 15. Re: Multiple MIDI Sequencers In Java Applet?
    817057 Newbie
    Currently Being Moderated
    Darryl, it's funny too because I thought that the multiple sequencers was the work around because I didn't think I'd be able to make this work with only one sequencer.

There are some pluses and minuses for doing it all in a single sequencer... The minus being that changing values in real-time won't be an option because in order to change the settings on the poly-rhythm portion of the metronome I have to destroy the sequence and create another one with a new resolution (PPQ), but with multiple sequencers I could have adjusted the tempos of the individual sequencers in real time while it was playing. However, that is a small negative in comparison to the plus that the sequencers won't be able to go out of sync if one of the them had skipped or glitched during playback, that would have been really bad considering this is supposed to be a metronome application to help drummers improve their timing. LOL

Thanks again,
    -tkr
  • 16. Re: Multiple MIDI Sequencers In Java Applet?
    captfoss Pro
    Tekker wrote:
    this is supposed to be a metronome application to help drummers improve their timing. LOL
    I think the biggest technical challenge at this point will be finding a drummer that admits he needs help with his timing...
  • 17. Re: Multiple MIDI Sequencers In Java Applet?
    DarrylBurke Guru Moderator
    captfoss wrote:
    I think the biggest technical challenge at this point will be finding a drummer that admits he needs help with his timing...
    :D
  • 18. Re: Multiple MIDI Sequencers In Java Applet?
    817057 Newbie
    captfoss wrote:
    Haha! Touche! :D

-tkr
1 2 Previous Next

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points