This discussion is archived
4 Replies Latest reply: Dec 2, 2010 7:27 AM by user9285225 RSS

How to change the EBS instance after configuration of AIA/PIPs.

540301 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi Guru,

I have configured the AIA/PIPs 2.5 between Siebel CRM (O2C) and EBS R12 with SOA 10.1.3.4. After the installation and configuration, we need to change the EBS instance to other EBS instance.

Please tell me the steps to re-configure the EBS only or any Oracle Support Note.

Thanks,
Samar
  • 1. Re: How to change the EBS instance after configuration of AIA/PIPs.
    user9285225 Explorer
    Hi Samar,

You need to change the AIAConfigurationProperities.xml file when u change to another EBS instance. Once u have completed the change in the file reload the configurations in the AIA console. Also a server bounce is required.
  • 2. Re: How to change the EBS instance after configuration of AIA/PIPs.
    540301 Newbie
    Prem,

I just found the Siebel Endpoint information in that config file not about the EBS endpoint. Is there any way that I can uninstall the PIPs only and reinstall with new EBS R12 information. I dont know how to uninstall the PIPs, if I use the installer then what about the configuration on the SOA Home. Please advise with your comments.

Thanks,
    Samar
  • 3. Re: How to change the EBS instance after configuration of AIA/PIPs.
    GerhardDrasch(Oracle) Journeyer
    The communication with the EBS is done through the Apps JCA adapter, which itself is based on a database connection. The data source with JNDI Name 'jdbc/OracleAppsDataSource' is the one.

So changing the JDBC details for this data source in Enterprise Manager should allow you to connect with another EBS instance.

But if this other EBS instance has the similar setup / configuration to work with the PIP is another question of course. Note that the PIP expects various kinds of custom objects (PL/SQL packages) etc. for the communication with AIA.

Gerhard
  • 4. Re: How to change the EBS instance after configuration of AIA/PIPs.
    user9285225 Explorer
    Hi Samar,

Uninstall the PIP through installer. Note that when u uninstall the PIP both Foundation Pack and the PIP component which u have installed will be removed.

Once u have uninstalled, check the following points in the environment.
    Check the BPEL and ESB console. Check if any process is still available. If available undeploy those process manually.
    Cross check the pre-configuration steps for AIA installation done according to the installation guide.
    Bounce the server before u start installing it again.

Uninstallation will not affect the SOA environment as far as i know. Check out the AIA 2.x Post Foundation Pack Installation Checks FOUNDATION PACK POST INSTALL CHECKS document in the metalink

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points